Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

ESPN - 2009 Draft Watch

If we do it anywhere we gotta do it through the draft. We have to many big contracts to get good players through trades... unless we go over the cap, which we won't.

I would like us to grab a point in this draft because we'll be able to pick and choose... 10 in the top thirty that sounds good for us...

and might be why otis isn't in a hurry to go grab one.

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

12 1998 Michael Doleac

13 1998 Keon Clark

15 1998 Matt Harpring

5 2000 Mike Miller

10 2000 Keyon Dooling

13 2000 Courtney Alexander

15 2001 Steven Hunter

22 2001 Jeryl Sasser

18 2002 Curtis Borchardt

15 2003 Reece Gaines

1 2004 Dwight Howard

11 2005 Fran Vazquez

11 2006 J.J. Redick

22 2008 Courtney Lee

this is how the magic drafted in the last 10yrs. ok, dwight is a beast, mike miller is pretty good and harpring and clark were useful but all the others are/were awful. it's to early for lee though. so i say trade the **** pick

We drafted Alexander and Dooling, that year for the Clippers, that was the summer we were trying to make a run at Duncan, T-Mac, and Hill.

lol yeah our non obvious draft picks really suck that bad, courtney lee seems to be picking up the slack for crappy drafting but considering our track record we should have traded it and the redick for crit if it was on the table. it's obvious that the magic organization avoids anyone that seems to have a bad rap, unless your from duke and you have a dui of course, even if a great pick with a so/so permanent record falls to us, will the magic pull that trigger for the betterment of the team? that kind of garbage tells me to get rid of the pick, but on the flip side this draft will be point guard heavy, and it seems to be that the magic got their pick straight getting courtney lee here this past year. decisions.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

one little talked about guy that I really like is Ahmad Nivins, kid could be a BEAST, averaging like 20/12/3 right now...total freak on the defensive end...could be a 2nd round gem...

lol yeah i saw his double blocks last night and the monster dunk, i think he screamed a little too loud for the magic to draft him though... alright i'll stop, but yeah he looked very agile and seemed to move pretty well for a person of his weight and height.... well he's 6'9 and 235, sort of small to be the big pf that we're looking for... but then again dwight is 6'11 and i'd take him in a bout over alot of guys a few inches taller than him any day of the week.