Sign in to follow this  
Nick Anderson 4 President

Trade idea with Chicago and New York?

I came across an article for Chicago, and another one for New York. Got to thinking that maybe those teams could help us out in a 3 team trade. Here is the article for Chicago that was recently posted on hoopsworld.

Time to Move Tyrus?...The Bulls are starting to turn a corner, but it does not include Thomas, who logged just five minutes in that game. Bulls' head coach Vinny Del Negro has soured on Thomas and second-year player Joakim Noah, who received a DNP

I came across an article for Chicago, and another one for New York. Got to thinking that maybe those teams could help us out in a 3 team trade. Here is the article for Chicago that was recently posted on hoopsworld.

Time to Move Tyrus?...The Bulls are starting to turn a corner, but it does not include Thomas, who logged just five minutes in that game. Bulls' head coach Vinny Del Negro has soured on Thomas and second-year player Joakim Noah, who received a DNP

I would rather have Noah than Thomas. Noah doesn't work very hard, but he plays hard, and he's competitive when the games are being played. He needs a change of scenery and he's the perfect 6th man type of player.

To blow a hole in your plan...Chicago acquired Tim Thomas in a trade a few years back and sent him home for nearly the entire season rather than even have him around their team. That's how big a cancer they believed him to be, so I doubt that's changed much. Tyrus Thomas imo fits this mold.

If Chicago's GM pulls the trigger on that one then he deserves to be shot. I don't care how "sour" you are on a player, you never let them walk for nothing. Cook and Thomas for Thabo, Tyrus, and Noah? Terrible.

KITNO....I still think I'd rather have Tyrus than Noah. But I wouldn't be unhappy with Noah if we couldn't get Tyrus...and I'm sure New York would be happy to get Tyrus.

Here's us getting Noah:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...4~19~19~18&te=&cash=

But I had forgotten about Tim Thomas not working out for Chicago in the past. Granted Chicago has a new coach and appears to be wanting something like Tim now, but I'm sure the owners are still probably sour on Tim.

Would coming back to central florida help Noah? Would he feel more inspired to play in front of a bunch of people that are also his fans?

I think Noah would be very good for us. I think he is the type of player we need, meaning a guy that is not really looking to score, he wants to defend and rebound mainly.

Looks to me like you went on trade machine and started moving just what ever worked so you could get the guy on our team you wanted.

how does cook and thomas help the bulls? and what would NY need noah and all them for if they got lee still?

trade just doesnt make any sense other than you matched the saleries.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommaco:

Looks to me like you went on trade machine and started moving just what ever worked so you could get the guy on our team you wanted.

how does cook and thomas help the bulls? and what would NY need noah and all them for if they got lee still?

trade just doesnt make any sense other than you matched the saleries.

Did you read the article or just go straight to the trade link. The article says Chicago wants spot up shooters at the PF position. Cook is a shooter and so is Thomas.

For NY, they get another "Lee" kind of guy in Noah to play in their second unit. Right now they have Lee starting and Curry playing behind him. Curry is not the exactly a good rebounder for his size, so Noah could help them on the second unit.

I never claimed this trade idea was the best idea, just one the might help each team in some sort of way.

quote:
Originally posted by babad:

I've got one here

chicago gets shooters and we get the bangers down low and a pg/sg who would be an upgrade to what we have

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?playe...4~19~19~19&te=&cash=

I actually like this one we get rid of Hedo and his crazy shots and the black hole in the 4th quarter, and we get two big bodies and somewhat of a playmaker/ shopter in kirk