Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

"Fav 5" Magic Games of the '06-'07 Season?

Hello all, I got this off the realgm board. Since the season is over and we have some time to kill before the next one begins (playoffs), let us reminisce about the best games of the season. These are not in any particular order of favorites.

My "fav 5" are:

- November 1: Bulls @ Magic (94-107): This game was so much fun to watch. No one knew what to expect, we'd all been anxiously waiting for the start of the season, and we just watched Chicago MURDER the defending champs. Then, the come into our house and whoop 'em. Dwight displaying great spin moves and everyone was playing like a team.

- February 9: Spurs @ Magic (104-106): Jameer Nelson goes on fire and one of the best game-winning baskets i've seen in my life with the Hedo inbound pass to Dwight for the MONSTER JAM over Tim Duncan.

- Nov 27: Magic @ Utah (88-75): This was a much hyped up game. We were the two best team in the league about to go at it. We went on the road and our defense stepped up beating UTAH in their house.

- Mar 3: Magic @ Mavs (98-103): Though this was a loss, we fought hard in this game. We just came off a back-to-back blowout against the Spurs and everyone was writing us off. We came out and showed what our team was made of and that we can hang with the best of 'em.

- February 2: Nets @ Magic (86-119): HUGE BLOWOUT WIN on ESPN. This was not only a good game for the win, but JJ, Diener, AND Augustine all got to play in the game.

Hello all, I got this off the realgm board. Since the season is over and we have some time to kill before the next one begins (playoffs), let us reminisce about the best games of the season. These are not in any particular order of favorites.

My "fav 5" are:

- November 1: Bulls @ Magic (94-107): This game was so much fun to watch. No one knew what to expect, we'd all been anxiously waiting for the start of the season, and we just watched Chicago MURDER the defending champs. Then, the come into our house and whoop 'em. Dwight displaying great spin moves and everyone was playing like a team.

- February 9: Spurs @ Magic (104-106): Jameer Nelson goes on fire and one of the best game-winning baskets i've seen in my life with the Hedo inbound pass to Dwight for the MONSTER JAM over Tim Duncan.

- Nov 27: Magic @ Utah (88-75): This was a much hyped up game. We were the two best team in the league about to go at it. We went on the road and our defense stepped up beating UTAH in their house.

- Mar 3: Magic @ Mavs (98-103): Though this was a loss, we fought hard in this game. We just came off a back-to-back blowout against the Spurs and everyone was writing us off. We came out and showed what our team was made of and that we can hang with the best of 'em.

- February 2: Nets @ Magic (86-119): HUGE BLOWOUT WIN on ESPN. This was not only a good game for the win, but JJ, Diener, AND Augustine all got to play in the game.

I would substitute the Mavs loss for the game when we beat the Knicks and effectively eliminated them from the playoffs. That was a great game with a great "block" by Dwight to seal it.

Other than that I agree on all four.

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

I would substitute the Mavs loss for the game when we beat the Knicks and effectively eliminated them from the playoffs. That was a great game with a great "block" by Dwight to seal it.

Yeah, it was hard to choose 5. Knicks game could easily take that spot but that was also the game that started Jameer's "I am better than Jordan" spree. LOL. Atleast we learned something positive in the Dallas loss.

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Yeah, it was hard to choose 5. Knicks game could easily take that spot but that was also the game that started Jameer's "I am better than Jordan" spree. LOL. Atleast we learned something positive in the Dallas loss.

True, but to be a FAVORITE game for me, it has to be a win. We could certainly use another, Jameer= MJ streak about now.

1.Bulls game

2.Magc @ Utah, huge win

3.Miami game- Miami was red hott and we whooped them in Miami, then they throw the we didnt have Wade excuse when they had won like 8 in a row

4.2nd Chicago game, that was an exciting playoff atmosphere game, as all our games against them seem to be, but that was a nice win

5.Sanantonio-Best finish ever, and best comeback I have ever seen from a magic team

Honorable mention-Minnesota-Dwight owned KG and made him scared of taking him one on one in the next game.