Sign in to follow this  
Adam_Magic

Plax Accidentally Shoots Himself In The Leg?!!

Just WOW! What is it with some of these sports stars!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021

New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Fox Sports.com and the New York Daily News reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening.

Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

The Giants organization was not commenting on the story.

"I don't have anything for you at this stage," Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told The Associated Press from Giants Stadium.

Just WOW! What is it with some of these sports stars!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3733021

New York Giants receiver Plaxico Burress suffered an accidental gunshot wound Friday night in a club, according to multiple sources.

Fox Sports.com and the New York Daily News reported that Burress accidentally shot himself in the leg and spent the night in the hospital.

Details of the incident weren't immediately available, but according to a source the wound was not considered life-threatening.

Burress, who was not expected to play against the Washington Redskins on Sunday because of a hamstring injury, was not at team meetings and did not attend the team's Saturday walkthrough.

The Giants organization was not commenting on the story.

"I don't have anything for you at this stage," Giants spokesman Pat Hanlon told The Associated Press from Giants Stadium.

Whats worse? This incident with Plax? or Podlesh hitting himself in the leg with an axe?

Goes to show that nothing good ever happens to pro athletes at nightclubs. LOL.

I'm waiting for the details to be released. Wouldn't be surprised if PacMan Jones was there and/or the "accidental" shooter.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

Yeah this sucks a lot. He's on my fantasy team.

add hixon. he's a beast when he starts over plax.

yeah i had him in that game plax didn't go against Seattle, i think it was, and he produced big numbers. But I'm 10-2 so it won't be a huge hit anyway. lol

Someone should have told Burress that guns are equipped with these things called "safeties" that should eliminate the threat of accidentally shooting himself with his own gun. He's lucky the wound wasn't a couple of inches further over.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Someone should have told Burress that guns are equipped with these things called "safeties" that should eliminate the threat of accidentally shooting himself with his own gun. He's lucky the wound wasn't a couple of inches further over.

Depends on what he was carrying.

Given the popularity of the Glock brand, and assuming he was carrying with a round chambered, I can see this happening easily to someone without the proper training and/or experience.

For those that don't know, Glocks do not have a 'safety' button. They have features that make it impossible to fire a round without the trigger being pulled, but that won't stop someone from accidentally discharging the weapon by pulling the trigger.

Edit: I was going to say I expected someone in the military to know this, but then I remembered what branch you were in... lolz. J/K don't get your panties all bunched up.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Depends on what he was carrying.

Given the popularity of the Glock brand, and assuming he was carrying with a round chambered, I can see this happening easily to someone without the proper training and/or experience.

For those that don't know, Glocks do not have a 'safety' button. They have features that make it impossible to fire a round without the trigger being pulled, but that won't stop someone from accidentally discharging the weapon by pulling the trigger.

Edit: I was going to say I expected someone in the military to know this, but then I remembered what branch you were in... lolz. J/K don't get your panties all bunched up.

LOL, I will bunch my panties if I want to!

Honestly, I didn't know that. The only firearm that I've received training on is the M-16 and I don't own a gun.

I'm a ninja with a breaker bar though.