Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Fans Game Thread - Magic vs. Pacers 11/29

What's funny (or not really) is that shooting guard isn't really the biggest problem.. we can go with Redick, and then Lee.

The problems are backup SF and PG. Without Pietrus or Bogans, who's supposed to backup Hedo? The answer has to be that SVG **MUST** use a conventional lineup, at least for some minutes. At this point if he doesn't, he's a fool. Dwight, Battie, Lewis at small forward... what a concept, Redick/Lee, and A.J. But otherwise, there's no other choice besides that but for Richardson to step up behind Hedo at times.

Then the other problem is, if Redick has to backup Lee, is Lee supposed to backup A.J. too?? It's a bit much to ask of a rookie, even a pretty heralded one, to backup both guard spots for pretty big minutes like he's supposed to be Keyon Dooling.

As if Otis didn't need to find us a point guard, ANY point guard with the slightest passing skills before, now its desperation time because that puts more than a little bit of pressure on Courtney Lee.

Our X-factor is Anthony Johnson, while theirs is just how badly is Danny Granger gonna beat on us after shooting only 7-20 last time we played against them?

Unfortunately I think it's gonna take a game or two for the Magic to adjust. Hurry back Jameer!

Indiana 105

Orlando 98

I hope I'm wrong, but our Big 3 are gonna have to dominate in order to win, I think. All 3 guys.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

What's funny (or not really) is that shooting guard isn't really the biggest problem.. we can go with Redick, and then Lee.

The problems are backup SF and PG. Without Pietrus or Bogans, who's supposed to backup Hedo? The answer has to be that SVG **MUST** use a conventional lineup, at least for some minutes. At this point if he doesn't, he's a fool. Dwight, Battie, Lewis at small forward... what a concept, Redick/Lee, and A.J. But otherwise, there's no other choice besides that but for Richardson to step up behind Hedo at times.

Then the other problem is, if Redick has to backup Lee, is Lee supposed to backup A.J. too?? It's a bit much to ask of a rookie, even a pretty heralded one, to backup both guard spots for pretty big minutes like he's supposed to be Keyon Dooling.

As if Otis didn't need to find us a point guard, ANY point guard with the slightest passing skills before, now its desperation time because that puts more than a little bit of pressure on Courtney Lee.

Our X-factor is Anthony Johnson, while theirs is just how badly is Danny Granger gonna beat on us after shooting only 7-20 last time we played against them?

Unfortunately I think it's gonna take a game or two for the Magic to adjust. Hurry back Jameer!

Indiana 105

Orlando 98

I hope I'm wrong, but our Big 3 are gonna have to dominate in order to win, I think. All 3 guys.

agreed sf is a concern. lee would backup redick a little but will likely find his time at the point behind AJ. i expect big minutes from redick with spells of turk at the two with shard at the three(battie and howard on the floor). turk cant get into foul trouble tonight...same with shard.

10 points for A.J. already!

David Steele made a good point.. if someone misses an easy shot on offense, their defense is bound to suck the next possession, 9 times out of 10. I wonder if stuff like that gets talked about in practice...

Dwight, A.J., and Rashard all look good and Redick isn't getting too abused on defense so far.

Hedo may be saving it for the 4th. Not to mention for some sort of D on Granger.