Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Gamethread Nov. 26: Magic @ 76ers - 7:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Masburn and Barry both said Yao is the best center in the NBA on the pregame show. I think they're nuts.

I was JUST about to post that. There reasoning? Dwight has no jump shot. Dwight doesn't NEED a jump shot and I'd still take Dwight over Yao any day of the week. He is more durable, can play more minutes, is more athletic, a better defensive presence, etc. This isn't being a homer, this is just being logical.

Come to think of it, I think he averages slightly less points then Yao and shoots a higher percentage. Like they said, Shaq never shot well from the free throw line either, yet they consider him one of the best. Makes no sense.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Masburn and Barry both said Yao is the best center in the NBA on the pregame show. I think they're nuts.

Well I think he is too... for the 25-30 games a season he plays.

What a shocker, Lebron and Kobe talk on ESPN.

You know, I never got annoyed with MJ when he was the king of the NBA. Maybe because he actually did something in his career. Lebron has put up great stats, but hasn't done crap that matters yet IMO.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

What a shocker, Lebron and Kobe talk on ESPN.

You know, I never got annoyed with MJ when he was the king of the NBA. Maybe because he actually did something in his career. Lebron has put up great stats, but hasn't done crap that matters yet IMO.

Yeah. Like, was MJ this popular or hyped before he won his first ring? I don't believe so. Yet people treat LeBron just going to the finals like its the same thing as winning a ring.