Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Gamethread Nov. 26: Magic @ 76ers - 7:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

And why did you not put "ball handling" in "stock down"? Our turnovers almost killed us. Rashard, Dwight, AJ were all mediocre in that aspect.

*slaps his head*

Because I meant to but forgot, honestly. I thought about it while writing the Stock Up part but it slipped my mind when I got to the Stock Downs. Here's the short version of what I meant to say.

"Stock Down, Turnovers, 17 tonight, 18 the past game, that's getting to be too much. Gotta bring it down to the 12-14 range."

It was getting towards 11 pm when I posted, I know you guys don't like to wait forever on it so maybe I rushed a bit. As far as Hedo and Pietrus.. we're just gonna have to agree to disagree. But I'm sorry, about Pietrus passing jumpers.. you can't pass on a jumper if you shoot over 30% and no one is within FIFTEEN feet of you.

I mean seriously. Gotta give me that one.

And DOM that comic is the bomb. I can barely understand it though.

ok i didnt watch the game and just looked at the box score. A few things seem a little off for me.

1. did we trade battie for brand before the game? Battie's last 20 point game was Feb 4th 2003. and 9-9 from the field! unbelievable.

2. dwight shooting a high volume of freethrows over 70%

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

And DOM that comic is the bomb. I can barely understand it though.

All hail the Rosetta Stone!

Well, that and the Hypnotoad.

Lol i missed the game .. so i read the all thread. Like every game's threads in 25 pages of 39 ,Dom,osprey,Bluehaert...etc talks about Hedo(classic!!!,because this guy gets lots of critism(by Haters) and gets lots of compliments(by lovers)..Even he had bad or good game no matter what..LOL Its enough.. i think because with these W's there wont be any change(trade or somethin) on team right now..This team is very dangerous.And thanx to Rashard for winning shot..Keep it up guys!!!

I just got back from attending this game. There was a lot of ticked off 76er fans in Philadelphia. Elton Brand isn't too well liked and Dalembert was getting booed. A lot of people around me couldn't figure out why SVG didn't play Tony more in the 2nd half. Magic could have put them away early as well as he was playing. AJ went down once and I saw Stan gasp waiting to see if he was OK. After JJ took that charge he came up walking gingerly but kept going. Something was going on with some fans ragging on JJ and Tony on the bench during the game. When the game was over Tony was having words with them. They were just some drunk brainless wooses trying to get a rise out of them. JJ was laughing at them but apparently Tony wasn't too thrilled with them. All in all a good game. Second year in a row that the Magic took it away from them on the last shot.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

I just got back from attending this game. There was a lot of ticked off 76er fans in Philadelphia. Elton Brand isn't too well liked and Dalembert was getting booed. A lot of people around me couldn't figure out why SVG didn't play Tony more in the 2nd half. Magic could have put them away early as well as he was playing. AJ went down once and I saw Stan gasp waiting to see if he was OK. After JJ took that charge he came up walking gingerly but kept going. Something was going on with some fans ragging on JJ and Tony on the bench during the game. When the game was over Tony was having words with them. They were just some drunk brainless wooses trying to get a rise out of them. JJ was laughing at them but apparently Tony wasn't too thrilled with them. All in all a good game. Second year in a row that the Magic took it away from them on the last shot.

I remember when Dalembert got booed. It was noticeable when he went 0-for-5.

I'm pretty happy I dropped him in a fantasy league for Spencer Hawes right about now. They're both block machines, but at least Hawes gets more than 7 points a game. At this point Reggie Evans may be better at scoring the rock.

Okay that may be getting a little nutty, but you get the point.

When driving into Philadelphia for a sporting event, I always enjoy listening to the local ESPN radio station. Their fans are rabid and never satisfied. I should have expected the 76er fans to be the same. They're probably 2nd generation from the ones who threw trash at Santa Claus at a Eagles game.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

What the heck got into Tony "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him" Battie? Has he been this nicked up in the past or did he spend all summer working on his jumper?

I'm almost on the verge of not cursing every time he fires up a shot. Then again, part of me is still concerned this will provide false confidence moving forward. As well as he played, we still continue leaking points when he is on the floor with Dwight for some reason.

I have to take exception with Sky's stock down of Pietrus...I realize nobody notices you defensively, but that was a defensive clinic he put on tonight against Iggy. Pietrus has absolutely digusting quickness. I must have seen him come over the top of a screen and beat Iggy to the spot like 5x tonight. I couldn't believe it the first time he did it.

I also have to defend him for passing on some of those corner jumpers. He was trying to attack the rim instead of settling and that's a good thing. He also realizes fast break teams funnel outside shots to the corners because it ignites fast breaks when you miss...as we saw.

He also defended Louis Williams down the stretch tonight, hopefully that squashes the notion CLee & JJ are better defending smaller 2's.

Tony was absolutely perfect tonight. Nothing more to say there. I also think Anthony Johnson deserved a stock up. He took on a big task and did a great job. I remember him having a couple of disruptive deflections defensively, got them into the offense, and had only 1 TO along with 7 boards. He also had a HUGE 3 towards the end.

[get's on soapbox lol]I agree with you on Pietrus. But I guess it's what you look for when he plays. His offense was surprising earlier, so that's now part of what he's measured by. I've watched him since his rookie season and that tentativeness is normal. He'll swing it or try to drive when he's not shooting it well. He's in a shooting funk now, but his shot looked much better last night. Hopefully he'll be back to jacking 'em up. The TOs seriously need to be addressed. Probably needs a trainer for footwork lol. I cringe every time he puts it on the floor. But the way he's been shooting lately, he would've been slammed for the TO or for missing the shot. On a positive note though, he has been cutting great lately and if you re-watch the game, he was missed about 4-5 times on cuts where he was wide open going to the basket. None-the-less he shot 3-8 which, %-wise, was pretty much in line with the rest of the starters and not bad for a 4-5th option.

The defense, as you stated, was MUCH MUCH better than the previous games. I thought that was a positive. He had a few nice deflections, forced Iggy into some tough shots, took a charge late, and held his ground playing 36 mins. without getting into foul trouble. Can't really expect him to stay in front of everyone all game long. Especially when getting picked off while the guy is driving. But, it's all good. It's still early and if improvements are there *cough*fouls/minute*cough*, that's always a plus. [/get's off soapbox]

I'm just glad that the team pulled this one out. The fourth quarter toughness on the road was a thing of beauty. Philly was not only hungry for a big win, but for a statement game from Brand. They almost got both. Everyone's good play and mistakes added up to a great finish that everyone enjoyed.