Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Breaking News! Randolph/Collins for Thomas/Mobley

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
After dealing Jamal Crawford to the Warriors for Al Harrington, the Knicks are working on a trade that would land Zach Randolph in Dallas.

Jerry Stackhouse has expressed a desire to be traded but his contract is half the value of Randolph's deal.

Unless another player is thrown into the trade, there is a possibility that the Knicks will recruit a third team to make the Randolph deal work.

The Clippers, however, are still hoping to acquire Randolph for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55584/20081121/randolph_to_dallas/

I guess the Knicks wanted to win a few games before blowing the entire roster up?

Actually, what they did was fairly shrewd. Going into this season, they only had about 3 players with any kind of value trade wise: Lee, Chandler, and Crawford, with it being common knowledge that Crawford's raw numbers exaggerated his abilities.

By coming out, winning, and playing well they drove up their players' values a good amount. If they can dump Randolph in exchange for, lets say Stackhouse and Diop, they've saved themselves about well over 10m in 2010. I think they'd have to wait til 12/15 to make that trade, but you understand my point.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

quote:
After dealing Jamal Crawford to the Warriors for Al Harrington, the Knicks are working on a trade that would land Zach Randolph in Dallas.

Jerry Stackhouse has expressed a desire to be traded but his contract is half the value of Randolph's deal.

Unless another player is thrown into the trade, there is a possibility that the Knicks will recruit a third team to make the Randolph deal work.

The Clippers, however, are still hoping to acquire Randolph for Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55584/20081121/randolph_to_dallas/

I guess the Knicks wanted to win a few games before blowing the entire roster up?

Actually, what they did was fairly shrewd. Going into this season, they only had about 3 players with any kind of value trade wise: Lee, Chandler, and Crawford, with it being common knowledge that Crawford's raw numbers exaggerated his abilities.

By coming out, winning, and playing well they drove up their players' values a good amount. If they can dump Randolph in exchange for, lets say Stackhouse and Diop, they've saved themselves about well over 10m in 2010. I think they'd have to wait til 12/15 to make that trade, but you understand my point.

Diop doesn't fit D'Antoni system, nor does his contract fits into Walsh plans.

quote:

Now it's being reported Randolph for Mobley/Thomas. They are just awaiting the ok from the Clips.

This could only mean Camby or Kaman is going to be moved soon, right?

It would almost have to be Kaman for Marion. That would be the most semi-high profile to high profile early season trades I can remember.

quote:

Now it's being reported Randolph for Mobley/Thomas. They are just awaiting the ok from the Clips.

This could only mean Camby or Kaman is going to be moved soon, right?

quote:
If the Clippers make this move, there has to be another one coming

quote:
According to Newsday, Zach Randolph is still expected to be traded by the Knicks, but it probably won't happen on Friday.

Randolph is still a hot topic and the Clippers and Mavericks are possibile destinations, but where he ends up is anyone's guess.

quote:
Reporting from Philadelphia -- The reshaping of the Clippers continued with the acquisition of forward Zach Randolph and guard Mardy Collins from the New York Knicks for shooting guard Cuttino Mobley and forward Tim Thomas.

Randolph is averaging 20.5 points and 12.5 rebounds, leading the Knicks in both categories. Collins has appeared in nine games, averaging 2.2 points. The teams were scheduled to go over the details of the deal and the respective contracts with the league in a conference call this afternoon.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers22-2008nov22,0,4024078.story