Sign in to follow this  
chrisinboston

Trade with the Bulls?

I think we can all agree that Hedo is gone after this year and Otis has a tendancy of letting FA leave and getting nothing in return, so I doubt he would do anything, however if he did decide to trade him, I think a good trade would be with the Bulls for Noah and Nocioni. We would probably have to throw in Cook or JJ to make this work. Even though Noah is not a dominant PF he doesn't command the ball on offense and would allow Lewis to move to SF. Nocioni would bring scoring off the bench, which we definately need right now. Thoughts?

I think we can all agree that Hedo is gone after this year and Otis has a tendancy of letting FA leave and getting nothing in return, so I doubt he would do anything, however if he did decide to trade him, I think a good trade would be with the Bulls for Noah and Nocioni. We would probably have to throw in Cook or JJ to make this work. Even though Noah is not a dominant PF he doesn't command the ball on offense and would allow Lewis to move to SF. Nocioni would bring scoring off the bench, which we definately need right now. Thoughts?

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

that just might be the worst trade ever. Nocioni is an average starter and Noah is just unspectacular (and wicked ugly).

I still think Hinrich would be the best fit for our team if we were to make a deal for a player on the Bulls roster. With his current injury status perhaps he is more attainable.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

I think we can all agree that Hedo is gone after this year

Why is that? With all reports of team chemistry and Hedo being one of the main pieces of this team, why should we not expect the team to ante up and keep Hedo around after this season?

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I still think Hinrich would be the best fit for our team if we were to make a deal for a player on the Bulls roster. With his current injury status perhaps he is more attainable.

yes and no. yes-production no-salary. dont need too much money in one position (cough SF cough).

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

yes and no. yes-production no-salary. dont need too much money in one position (cough SF cough).

Hinrich's a PG... or am I missing something?

quote:

Now I do not know if he will keep it up but with the way Jameer is playing would it make sense to trade for Hinrich and pay him 9 million to be the back-up or just move Jameer to the bench

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

quote:

Now I do not know if he will keep it up but with the way Jameer is playing would it make sense to trade for Hinrich and pay him 9 million to be the back-up or just move Jameer to the bench

Great point.

It's not like Hinrich is Mr. Consistent either.

It's always a good thing to have two starting caliber PGs. Injuries and inconsistency dictate that I would rather have Hinrich as a first option compared to Anthony Johnson.

If Jameer does prove to play this well consistently, then the Magic always have an intrigueing piece to trade away in Hinrich.