Sign in to follow this  
jgadd3

Pietrus Out, JJ to start tonight

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

In my view he is still 4th string shooting guard and I actually thought Courtney Lee should have gotten the start and J.J. get the 3rd string minutes...especially for a guy that has been such a chemistry killer on our team.

Could you elaborate on chemistry killer to me?

quote:
Originally posted by the anchovie:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

In my view he is still 4th string shooting guard and I actually thought Courtney Lee should have gotten the start and J.J. get the 3rd string minutes...especially for a guy that has been such a chemistry killer on our team.

Could you elaborate on chemistry killer to me?

Dont even ask that because people that say he is a chemistry killer are just going to say "well he demanded or asked for a trade and thats being childish yada yada yada" and just go with their opinion on that situation.

Yea JJ your a horrible person and a chemistry killer for wanting to play instead of sit the bench. NO. He is not a team chemistry killer. You have not heard one negative thing out of any magic players mouth about him. He is always one of the first guys off the bench to congratulate or give high fives to the guys walking to the bench during a time out etc even when he was playing once every 10 games. All you have heard from SVG is that he works hard at practice, get over your dislike for the guy and turning your thoughts into "team chemistry killer".

quote:
Originally posted by hilltopper06:

First off, congrats JJ. He played a good game and made some good shots.

Now not to be negative, but to be realistic, where does this put the Magic and JJ?

Peaches will start when healthy, that is not changing. Bogans seems to be a lock as the first SG off the bench. That leaves Lee and JJ.

JJ played OK defense against the Raptors, but their backcourt is pretty easy to defend (without calderon). I do not think he is a better defender than Lee, and I do not think there are many on here who would argue that point.

JJ showed his offensive skill set last night, bury open jumpers and set shots, and the occasional pump fake and shot. The problem here is that it took him significant minutes (maybe even starter status) to get in the groove and break the 0-10 streak. As stated he will not be starting, and with Bogans and Peaches sucking up most of the SG minutes, when does he get the chance to get in rhythm?

Finally, if we now go with JJ, does that interfere with the progression of Lee? I think it would have to as Lee is not getting a ton of minutes as is.

Conclusion, trade a SG. At this point it does not matter with (outside of peaches), but whichever can get you a PG or SG. I am not saying JJ must go, but he does appear to be the most one dimensional player. He is a shooter, who needs consistent minutes to be successful. I do not think it is fair to him to keep him around and have him ride the pine, and I do not think it is fair to Lee to force him to go through two years of "JJ minutes". The Magic need to pull the trigger on some sort of trade at this point, because finally ending the log jam would be addition by subtraction.

I agree. I hope they trade JJ or Bogans and Cook. I know this could land us some kind of backup talent at one of our weak backup spots. (PG,PF)

JJ seems more willing to pass and move the ball around than some of our PGs and that directly affects chemistry.

JJ might not be anywhere as good on D as bigger SGs but this boy's got IQ and will eventually get real good at moving the ball around until a good opportunity for scoring presents for his teammates or for himself.

Lee's defense is crazy but the thought of him starting is just as crazy. He needs to get quite a few games under his belt until he's comfortable with his offense first. He's quick, etc, but offensively he's not OJ Mayo or Rudy Fernandes.