Sign in to follow this  
OsoTommy

Will this new rotation work for the playoffs or what would you change?

I noticed that Jameer is being used for the majority of the first 3 quarters and not finishing the games. Apparently someone got to him because he's passing a little more than before in the season. JJ is being used mostly the second and fourth quarter with some sporadic chances on the third as well. His game keeps improving and his 3 point shot is coming back. Defensively his made big bounds and with time and experience I expect him to keep improving in that area. Arroyo has become our premier closer guard. It looks like he's very comfortable playing that role and in the last 4 games he's shown how to play as a closer guard. He's passing more as well and looking for open men or creating plays for his teammates. Apparently he learned (or he just remembered because I'm sure he knew it, just wasn't doing it) that his shots will come naturally once he gets everyone else involved in the offense. Dooling coming as a backup guard on the second and later ending in his natural position of shooting guard gives him the time to warm up in the 2nd and then start his offense on the 3rd and 4th quarters. These are the major changes I'd noticed in the last games. Against Detroit if we stay with our offense I think we have a chance to beat them. It's when we try to match their game when we struggle. We have to stay in our game and keep pushing the ball like we have the last games. We have speed and youth in this team that can be used in bursts. Then we play our motion offense moving the ball until someone is open, without insisting to give Dwight the ball on every occasion. He'll have his opportunities as well if the ball is moved around. Ariza, Turk, Grant, and Dooling are the heart and soul offensively of this team. They are the four pillars of our offense. Add Dwight and Darko in a good night and we have a combo special super sized double meat with cheese and fries to go. These are the guys who should be taking most of our shots every night. If everyone stays focused in their roles I think we have a good chance to beat anyone. Yes, I mean that we have a chance to become champions this year. Detroit, Miami, and Dallas are our major obstacles, but we have the personel to beat all those teams. What do you think?

I noticed that Jameer is being used for the majority of the first 3 quarters and not finishing the games. Apparently someone got to him because he's passing a little more than before in the season. JJ is being used mostly the second and fourth quarter with some sporadic chances on the third as well. His game keeps improving and his 3 point shot is coming back. Defensively his made big bounds and with time and experience I expect him to keep improving in that area. Arroyo has become our premier closer guard. It looks like he's very comfortable playing that role and in the last 4 games he's shown how to play as a closer guard. He's passing more as well and looking for open men or creating plays for his teammates. Apparently he learned (or he just remembered because I'm sure he knew it, just wasn't doing it) that his shots will come naturally once he gets everyone else involved in the offense. Dooling coming as a backup guard on the second and later ending in his natural position of shooting guard gives him the time to warm up in the 2nd and then start his offense on the 3rd and 4th quarters. These are the major changes I'd noticed in the last games. Against Detroit if we stay with our offense I think we have a chance to beat them. It's when we try to match their game when we struggle. We have to stay in our game and keep pushing the ball like we have the last games. We have speed and youth in this team that can be used in bursts. Then we play our motion offense moving the ball until someone is open, without insisting to give Dwight the ball on every occasion. He'll have his opportunities as well if the ball is moved around. Ariza, Turk, Grant, and Dooling are the heart and soul offensively of this team. They are the four pillars of our offense. Add Dwight and Darko in a good night and we have a combo special super sized double meat with cheese and fries to go. These are the guys who should be taking most of our shots every night. If everyone stays focused in their roles I think we have a good chance to beat anyone. Yes, I mean that we have a chance to become champions this year. Detroit, Miami, and Dallas are our major obstacles, but we have the personel to beat all those teams. What do you think?

I would love to see B Hill start Dooling at the PG in the series against Detroit. He matches up so much better against Billups than Jameer.

If we leave things the way they are, I foresee Jameer getting destroyed by Billups.

We don't have personnel to beat (in order of difficulty):

Phoenix

Dallas

Denver

Toronto

And we have the personnel, but will have a VERY tough time with:

Detroit

San Antonio

Houston

All other teams I'd bet we'd go at least 6 games in a series with, if not winning in 6 or 7.

About the rotations... if Brian Hill so much as gives Keith Bogans the time of day in the playoffs, I'm going to reach through my television and strangle them both. Otherwise I like what he's done with the rotations.

quote:
Originally posted by hessman22:

Dooling has no chance of stopping Billups when he wants to score. Dooling is so skinny, that Billups can move him at will.

So who would you suggest we put on him? Dooling is our best defensive point guard and its a little late in the season to sign a free agent.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

Dooling has no chance of stopping Billups when he wants to score. Dooling is so skinny, that Billups can move him at will.

So who would you suggest we put on him? Dooling is our best defensive point guard and its a little late in the season to sign a free agent.

I think you have to go with Nelson and hope for the best. Dooling is much better suited to guard Hamilton anyway, and Billups and Hamilton are both usually on the court at the same time.

How about my suggestion with PG and SG matchups.

Bogans/Billups

Dooling/Hamilton

Defense - Keith will guard Billups for PG position and Keyon will guard Hamilton in SG postion.

Offense - Keyon will be the PG and Keith as an SG.

and I think these 2 defensive player combinations is the best that we can do for now.

Bogans?????????? I hope he doesn't even dress! All he does is stand in the corner and lean over and pull on his shorts. Nice 1 -6 shooting last game.

quote:

In general I like the way the PG's are adjusting and I do prefer Dooling on Billups with the hope he reduces his playmaking and maybe his production a bit. If we can control his tempo and that of Rashid by bugging him to get technicals and our team gets the job done offensively we have a chance to win in 6 or 7. My view is that Billups runs out of juice in long series and tends to take his team on his shoulders by shooting. Hamilton can only be bothered a bit by Ariza with the danger of early foul trouble for him, otherwise keep him below high 20's in offense. We looked better against their openers than the bench, thats were we have to improve. Finally we are a hungry team with what could be the last and only opportunity for many. Grant will play his heart out for this one and will make the difference. We wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!

The magic have a few advantages over the pistons...the 1st being dhoward the 2nd being youth...the longer we stay in the series the better the chances. Billups has been the biggest magic killer this season i believe hes racked up 30 points twice against us this season. Jameer has been in a slump and his defense has hurt us at often times because of his size. He cannot match up with billups at all. With that being said jameer plays a huge part in our success. I would like to see brian hill make some smart decisions his substitution method this year has been a weakness but he can make up for it in the playoffs. He has playoff experience don't forget he knows what it takes to win in the playoffs. Back to the billups situation i believe if we shut him down we could shutdown their offense. I believe ariza could be the guy to shot him down, billups isn't quick but he's strong. Arizas length will make it hard on billups to share the ball(mostly to hamilton off screens) I believe hill could guard him as well hes a smart defender. We could make wallace a non factor if we keep a body/hand in his face. and of course if dwight howard can make his free throws the pistons will think twice about fouling him. Its not gonna be easy but we have the capability, we've seen this very same team in the past rack up wins. We'll have to take care of the ball and make every possession count. What do you all think about matchups? i know we were swept but the final score of 3 games were close especially the ones in orlando.

We know that Jameer is going to start. Depending on how the game is going I would have Bogens ready to defend Billups. I would also Dooling ready to defend Hamliton. Grant Hill on Prince. I dont think the Pistons and going to blow away the magic in the first three quaters.

I think it is all going to be decided in the last quarter.