Sign in to follow this  
Luke_FfS

The "other 29 teams" thread.

the clippers are a very interesting team. they already have a pretty well balanced team and a great trade asset - chris kaman. this year they won't do anything but they'll get a high draft pick in june. well, i guess they'll turn kaman into depth before the deadline. with camby and randolph he will be available. also they have deandre jordan on the bench who should step in when cambys contract expires in two years.

let's take a look at their current lineup:

PG b.davis/collins/hart

SG gordon/r.davis/collins

SF thornton/r.davis/

PF randolph/p.davis/skinner

C camby/kaman/jordan

i'm just a little bit worried about baron davis. he is 29 but i dunno, i have the feeling that he could quickly decline in the near future a la steve francis. it would be great if they could trade him for a younger PG (like the kidd-harris trade).

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

the clippers are a very interesting team. they already have a pretty well balanced team and a great trade asset - chris kaman. this year they won't do anything but they'll get a high draft pick in june. well, i guess they'll turn kaman into depth before the deadline. with camby and randolph he will be available. also they have deandre jordan on the bench who should step in when cambys contract expires in two years.

let's take a look at their current lineup:

PG b.davis/collins/hart

SG gordon/r.davis/collins

SF thornton/r.davis/

PF randolph/p.davis/skinner

C camby/kaman/jordan

i'm just a little bit worried about baron davis. he is 29 but i dunno, i have the feeling that he could quickly decline in the near future a la steve francis. it would be great if they could trade him for a younger PG (like the kidd-harris trade).

Baron Davis is shooting around 37% from the floor and 30% fromt he 3point land. He never was a garanteed shooter (41% and 32%) but he can distribute and get into the hole, and you know, he can flop like anyone else.

The Clips, in my opinion needs to rebuild their franchise aroun Thorton, Gordon and Maybe deJordan. Randolph is a cancer, Camby has in he

well, i think everybody on this boards knows that i hate soft players who don't play defense like randolph but i think he's a good fit next to camby. it could work out.

recently i watched some games and zach played pretty poor but i talked to some clippers fans and they were pretty satisfied with the camby-randolph frontcourt. they also said that zach is doing everything the coach tells him to do so i don't think he's that much of a cancer (anymore/yet?). but i think they're overrating him a little bit though. they are more worried about davis, he doesn't seem to fit into their system and from what i saw, i totally have to agree with that.

i totally agree with you on the dunleavy part. the team has no future with him.

You know what you guys? I think we could actually take the Celtics in 7 or less games. They are still the same team me as they were last year. Their scrubs only got slightly better thats all.

The Lakers? PFt...The Cavs? They don't have as many three point shooters as us and seeing that they take their threes early in the shot clock, I have no fear of them either.

This is the first time I've seen every teams offense and it gives me the gut feeling like we are better then that.

I see a running layup by Rondo? What do I say? Dwight would have Glighted that. I see open three by Delonte West made? I say to myself Stan Van Gundy wouldn't allow our defense to do that. Lakers? (See Last Game)

I think the Orlando Magic have a four headed dragon with with mini dragons on the bench. We'll see you in a few CAVS Lakers BOSTON.

We are definitely capable of running the table. Biggest obstacle will be fact that we are not one of the NBA's chosen team. I watched the Cleveland - Washington game tonight. If the NBA and ref"s treat us in the playoffs like they did Washington in the last minute of the game to insure a Cleveland win, we won't stand a chance. Something still stinks with the NBA officiating........GO YOU MAGIC.....You bring sunshine to me in this frozen north.

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

well, i think everybody on this boards knows that i hate soft players who don't play defense like randolph but i think he's a good fit next to camby. it could work out.

recently i watched some games and zach played pretty poor but i talked to some clippers fans and they were pretty satisfied with the camby-randolph frontcourt. they also said that zach is doing everything the coach tells him to do so i don't think he's that much of a cancer (anymore/yet?). but i think they're overrating him a little bit though. they are more worried about davis, he doesn't seem to fit into their system and from what i saw, i totally have to agree with that.

i totally agree with you on the dunleavy part. the team has no future with him.

Yes, i see what you say, but Randolph is going to screw up soon, LOL. i mean yes, them both are can live togheteher and play good for the clips, but isn

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

You know what you guys? I think we could actually take the Celtics in 7 or less games. They are still the same team me as they were last year. Their scrubs only got slightly better thats all.

The Lakers? PFt...The Cavs? They don't have as many three point shooters as us and seeing that they take their threes early in the shot clock, I have no fear of them either.

This is the first time I've seen every teams offense and it gives me the gut feeling like we are better then that.

I see a running layup by Rondo? What do I say? Dwight would have Glighted that. I see open three by Delonte West made? I say to myself Stan Van Gundy wouldn't allow our defense to do that. Lakers? (See Last Game)

I think the Orlando Magic have a four headed dragon with with mini dragons on the bench. We'll see you in a few CAVS Lakers BOSTON.

I guess the playoff are a different story than the season. but im with you, we can beat anyone in this league!

I noticed that Rondo and Ray Allen are having problems with each other. The Celtics are the only team that I've seen their players openly confront one another in hand to hand combat.

While on the offense end, Rondo passes to Ray Allen. Ray Allen shoots an air ball. Sounds advantageous for the Magic.