Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

anyone interested in harrington(link)?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?&entry_id=32069

i know that a trade isnt likely...but just for grins would you guys take back harrington in exchange for a combo of battie/cook perhaps? obviously it sounds good for us, i am curious as to whats available to gsw, what kind of options they would have. if thats all it took from us to get it done i would do it in a heart beat. i am not sure if there is any other team with expirings that match harringtons contract that are in the market for a pf.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?&entry_id=32069

i know that a trade isnt likely...but just for grins would you guys take back harrington in exchange for a combo of battie/cook perhaps? obviously it sounds good for us, i am curious as to whats available to gsw, what kind of options they would have. if thats all it took from us to get it done i would do it in a heart beat. i am not sure if there is any other team with expirings that match harringtons contract that are in the market for a pf.

$9 million this year and $10 million next year, again, no thanks...Harrington doesn't do anything that Rashard doesn't already do for this team. He's not a banger, he's no better at shooting the ball, he's smaller than Rashard at roughly 6'8 on a good day, he's slightly larger frame wise but doesn't utilize it, not a smart player with the ball...the only thing he does better is rebound, and that in my opinion is in part to the lack of other rebounders he has around him...if we're going for a big, we need an actual presence, not someone who prefer to float to the arc for a 3 point shot...

not a reason in the world why we should put an additional financial stranglehold on ourselves for him...