quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by truth393:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Why would you want Stephen Curry instead of Jameer? He is more a scoring PG which is exactly what we don't need at this point. The upcoming draft has a few good PG prospects, but with a late pick we might be able to snag one regardless.

A few names to watch:

AJ Price

Ty Lawson

Eric Maynor

Darren Collison

Lester Hudson

Tyrese Rice

Curtis Jerrells

I'll rather have Patrick Mills over any of them guys on your list.

I'd rather have Tyreke Evans, Brandon Jennings, or Jrue Holiday. I just don't see any of those 4 being available when we pick, since hopefully it will be in the late 20s.

Otis can buy another 1st round pick, with the trade exception, from the Dooling trade. Tyreke Evans is more of a SG, than a PG.

all of those guys are more SG than PGs. Realisticly i would like to get A.J price. He should be available when we pick (hopefully very late), he is used to managing the game against talented teams, and he's used to playing with NBA players. Also had a better assist/TO ratio than DJ Augustine, Ty Lawson, russell westbrook, and mario chalmers.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

too bad Orlando wasn't able to land George Hill or Mario Chalmers this year in the draft...

Chalmers, get my pick for steal of the draft, with CDR, Arther, and Bill Walker, as my runner up.

Chalmers was my steal on draft night...but, wasnt really too much of a steal for Miami, they spent a lot of $ to get him, they knew what they were doing...CDR will be a steal as well, but had he not of blown teams off during the workouts he would have maintained his stock...Arthur should be solid, Carl Landry style player with a little more offense, Walker im not sold on, plus I dont really like the kid that much...

quote:

Chalmers was my steal on draft night...but, wasnt really too much of a steal for Miami, they spent a lot of $ to get him, they knew what they were doing...CDR will be a steal as well, but had he not of blown teams off during the workouts he would have maintained his stock...Arthur should be solid, Carl Landry style player with a little more offense, Walker im not sold on, plus I dont really like the kid that much...

Walker was consider a lottery pick, before his injury.

thats great...im not sold on him though...and i dont remember seeing him in the lottery range prior to the injury, the high teens low 20's...either way...unless you are referring to around the end of last year when the candidates we're still up in the air...As far as basing my discontent with him, he's had multiple knee injuries now, not just one. Not to mention he's also got some tendinitis in the knee and ankle. While he seems to be in working order at the present time, there are still concerns about his durability, maturity and his attitude. I personally see him as a lose cannon, watching him explode on that ref early last season and seeing him get into that bout with OJ Mayo, plain ridiculous...outside of all of this, he's not some great basketball player, he's an elite athlete still working on his game, he's not a great jump shooter, hot a great defender, not a great passer, pretty much middle path and mediocre across the board outside of strength, speed and athleticism...

just my opinion...

quote:

thats great...im not sold on him though...and i dont remember seeing him in the lottery range prior to the injury, the high teens low 20's...either way...unless you are referring to around the end of last year when the candidates we're still up in the air...As far as basing my discontent with him, he's had multiple knee injuries now, not just one. Not to mention he's also got some tendinitis in the knee and ankle. While he seems to be in working order at the present time, there are still concerns about his durability, maturity and his attitude. I personally see him as a lose cannon, watching him explode on that ref early last season and seeing him get into that bout with OJ Mayo, plain ridiculous...outside of all of this, he's not some great basketball player, he's an elite athlete still working on his game, he's not a great jump shooter, hot a great defender, not a great passer, pretty much middle path and mediocre across the board outside of strength, speed and athleticism...

just my opinion...

You must not watch him at Kansas State, he guarded every opposing team best perimeter players, he was one of the best defender in this draft. Doc Rivers said that he'll play the role left by Posey, along with Tony Allen and Leon Powe.

no, i did watch him...i really hate when people say stuff like that...you must not watch player/team XYZ...im a basketball nut...i watch as much NBA and NCAA as I can...Walker was a solid defender in College because of his size and speed, in the NBA Walker will be an overrated defender...

Look all I'm saying, is that where the Celtics got him at, was a steal, and for you to say he not a great shooter and not a great defender, you have to remember he's a rookie. The kid is 21 year old, and he on a strong veteran team, who absolutely in love with this kid toughness, and Ray Allen has been working with him and Giddens on their jumpshot after practice. The kid fell into a nice situation in Boston, and will be in the league longer than alot of the players drafted before him.

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle:

IF Jameer Nelson dont have one of his best seasons and we all have lost all of our patience with him does anybody think it would be possible to trade up in the draft by possibly giving up are 1st round pick and Jameer to get a stephon Curry in the draft if he was to declare for the NBA??? any responses??

We are stuck with Jameer unless we swap unattractive merchandise with another team.

Curry is undersized in every way possible and even less of a PG than Meer.

If we're dreaming, what I've seen of Jennings is highly impressive. He's a true PG & natural scorer with sic athleticism.

I expect Otis to look long and hard at Maynor & Collison, they fit his mold of player.