1 China CHN 51 21 28 100

2 United States USA 36 38 36 110

3 Russian Fed. RUS 23 21 28 72

4 Great Britain GBR 19 13 15 47

5 Germany GER 16 10 15 41

Mo

Img214584964.jpg

Joyous end to Beijing's Olympic debut

(BEIJING, August 24) -- Heavenly drums, silver bell dancers, light wheels and flying men

The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Gold

Silver

Bronze

Totals

Standings

Medal Standings Total

1 China CHN 51 21 28 100

2 United States USA 36 38 36 110

3 Russian Fed. RUS 23 21 28 72

4 Great Britain GBR 19 13 15 47

5 Germany GER 16 10 15 41

Mo

Img214584964.jpg

Joyous end to Beijing's Olympic debut

(BEIJING, August 24) -- Heavenly drums, silver bell dancers, light wheels and flying men

As always, a solid performance overall from the US but was very disappointed with our track medals.

It was a shame that Tyson Gay was not 100% healthy but to be honest there is no way he would have beaten Usain Bolt! The relay for both men and women was awful and overall we sucked pretty bad on the track apart from Brian Clay who was amazing to win the Decathlon.

Was impressed with the 400m sweep though! Outside of the track team USA did very well to grab that gold back and obviously Michael Phelps was unreal with his achievements!

To sum it up, we have a hell of alot to do to compete with Jamaica in the sprint events and need to improve accross the board on the track!

All I can say is overall it was a very good games and Beijing should be proud! Lets hope London 2012 is as good, which I am sure it will be and the US can once again dominate like we have before.

Phelps dominated, he made history in this games. USA won what I consider to be the "fun sports" (Basketball, Swimming, Soccer, Track, Gymnastics). I really do not know how China got 51 gold medals.

I guess Fencing, Judo, Tae-Kwon-Do, Weightlifting and this kind of sports were the ones that allowed the chinese to win the games.

Props to Jamaica running team, USA Volleyball and Beach Volley, Spain Basketball, Yelena Isinbayeva, Usain Bolt, Alain Bernard, Lionel Messi, and Jason Lezak.

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_Magic:

As always, a solid performance overall from the US but was very disappointed with our track medals.

It was a shame that Tyson Gay was not 100% healthy but to be honest there is no way he would have beaten Usain Bolt! The relay for both men and women was awful and overall we sucked pretty bad on the track apart from Brian Clay who was amazing to win the Decathlon.

Was impressed with the 400m sweep though! Outside of the track team USA did very well to grab that gold back and obviously Michael Phelps was unreal with his achievements!

To sum it up, we have a hell of alot to do to compete with Jamaica in the sprint events and need to improve accross the board on the track!

All I can say is overall it was a very good games and Beijing should be proud! Lets hope London 2012 is as good, which I am sure it will be and the US can once again dominate like we have before.

Hey Adam, as I see you are a Dolphins fan too. What you think about this year team?

Sorry for the duplicate. My computer connection is glitchy so I didn't see the duplicate thread.