Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

HOOPSWORLD preseason power rankings: EAST

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

quote:
And "Magic Carpet Ride" was Steppenwolf. Sheesh.

Thanks

d*** i'm burned from those years...

the sixties people will understand...LOL

The Doors reference was to him calling himself Mr. Mojo Risin on Hoopsworld.

quote:
Originally posted by GetaLyfe12:

Dwight Howard can't shoot free throws so he should get a free pass because ... Shaq can't hit free throws either?? Good call. Stop coddling him and hold him accountable for FTs the same way everyone else on the team should be. But if you want a complacent star, keep up with that outlook.

People like you are the ones that complained every year about Shaq's free throw percentage too. You equate free-throw shooting with dedication because it seems to be the easiest thing an NBA player can do. What you don't seem to understand is that to a big guy with big hands, free throws are not an inherent thing.

The reason they are in this league, is the other things they do and Dwight, just like Shaq, are among the best that have ever played. But you want him to be held accountable for his free throws just like ANYONE else on the team? So we should bench Dwight and start Garrity? Garrity shoots better from the line, case closed.

Does it automatically mean that a big guy can't shoot free-throws? No, Yao Ming shot 85% and he's as big as it comes. But he's the exception rather than the rule. Please tell me that Yao is more dedicated to improving his game than Dwight, so I can feel more secure about your ignorance.

You think Dwight's complacent because he hasn't improved at the free throw line? Dwight works harder at getting better than almost anyone in the league. Do you think it's easy to come into the league as a high-school graduate, and IMPROVE your game every year to become the most dominant NBA center in the league? Please don't tell me you're that ignorant!

Coddling him??? Please, get a life, you must be 12.

I wonder what the ratio is of people who made screen names on our board to argue with our posters to magic fans who post on other boards. Seems like we seem to get way more people trying to come in and troll their opinion than vice versa.