Sign in to follow this  
fgr98

Carlos Arroyo sign a contract to play in Israel

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Can anyone confirm that Carlos had offers from NBA teams? Seems to me he decided to follow the money.

quote:
La primera opci

Arroyo confirmed this afternoon to a Puerto Rican Newspaper that he received various offers from NBA teams and other well ranked Euroleague teams but he decided for Maccabi Tel Aviv!

Apparently Macabbi offered some extras besides the increased amount of money: like an apartment near the beach for his family[Arroyo comes from the beach town of Fajardo in Puerto Rico, this a heard from Arroyo himself during a telephone interview].

Teams from the NBA that he mentioned made offers to him were: Denver, Miami, Sacramento, San Antonio and Golden State.

Non identified Teams from Spain, Russia and Italy also made offers to him.

quote:
Arroyo revel

LOL, an apartment by the beach....always a nice incentive.

Carlos will do really well and Macabi Tel Aviv will be a better team because of his arrival. I seriously doubt they are better than the Magic but that is a pretty irrelevant discussion. I wish him the best.

Its good to see him getting a contract. He is not the only one in the league looking across the big pond for better deals and more money. Its good for his career and his family. They will be taken cared of well.

He will be making much more money than what he could get here and will probably have a bigger role with the team.

Good Luck Carlos....

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Arroyo is playing for one of the best teams of the Europe, actually, only second to the Euroleague champs (the CSKA from Russia), probably a better team than a lot of NBA teams.!!!!

The issue is now: Are the Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv a better team than the Magic? jajajajahahahahaha(dual language laughter!)

Well, I don't know if Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv is a better team than the Magic, but now I know that the Israel team has a better Starting PG than the Magic. jajajahahahahajejejehaha

you guys are nuts!

quote:
Originally posted by CarlosDarwin:

Right now Arroyo is the highest payed basketball player in Israel history!, and he is playing for the Euroleague sub-champion team!

They will surely win the championship now that Carlos the savior has arrived!

jajajajajajaja