Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

dorsey blows it again...

I would take Dorsey in a heartbeat. He was a beast in college and I would love to have that nastiness on my squad. I mean really...does talking trash at the end of a summer league game translate to him being a huge detriment to the team in the future because of misconduct? I'm gunna have to say NAHHH...

He will learn and I'm sure its been made clear to him that if he wants that paycheck he's gotta be smarter about **** like that.

HMC

I would love the fact a guy who's not dressed for a freakin summer league game was still that into it. Yea, who could use a competitor like that. I'd rather have a choir boy on the bench who sleep walks through 33% of games.

Would you still say that if he just lost a game for us from the bench that would have cost us entry into the playoffs. I promise you Stupid is one thing in life that is uncureable. I don't want choir boys on our team, the guys we have now are not choir boys.

http://uofmtigers.blogspot.com/2006/10/joey-dorsey-arre...-for-driving-on.html

http://uofmtigers.blogspot.com/2007/09/joey-dorsey-may-have-triggered-bar.html

This guy has trouble all over him, give him money to get into more trouble let's see what happens.

Geez guys.

There's a difference between knuckleheads like J.R. Smith and Ron Artest, and being the "enforcer" on the team.

For example, think how Oakley watched Patrick Ewing's back all those years for the Knicks. It's not like the guy was a thug (well, off the court anyway).

If this guy has such a competetive spirit then why hasn't he learned how to make free throws, do you think he shoots 100 per day, and still can't manage to make half of them???

Yea sounds really compedetive, the practice habbits of a champion.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfreak#1:

Would you still say that if he just lost a game for us from the bench that would have cost us entry into the playoffs. I promise you Stupid is one thing in life that is uncureable. I don't want choir boys on our team, the guys we have now are not choir boys.

http://uofmtigers.blogspot.com/2006/10/joey-dorsey-arre...-for-driving-on.html

http://uofmtigers.blogspot.com/2007/09/joey-dorsey-may-have-triggered-bar.html

This guy has trouble all over him, give him money to get into more trouble let's see what happens.

I honestly respect your opinion. I just happen to not have a problem with guys like this or their lack of discipline as long as they aren't clubhouse cancers. They live on the edge, they play on the edge. They are uncontrollable. There are pro's and cons with every player.

To answer your question, I wouldn't have a problem with it because my team prob wouldn't be in the position it's in without him and his tude. Again, pro's and con's. Just like Sheed, Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis, Rodman, or anybody else like that.

I say this all the time, but give me a guy who takes competition personally, I don't care if he's robbing liqour stores in his spare time. That's just me, I don't care what guys do off the court/field. I just want them ball'n on it.

i think getting through 4yrs of college in a city like memphis, with all the ethnic, socio cultural stigma of a town like that, and him staying pretty under the radar is a testament in itself. hes a big dee bow mothertrucker and hed be good to have as a teammate. he aint getting tried like hes soft and he'll lend that to your team as a whole. that being said, its spilled milk and nothing we can do about it now....

there is a difference between being a beast and being a talker.

im not saying he doesnt have potential to be a decent rebounder in the league. but he has always had an attitude problem, and doesnt play smart at all. he is not a 'magic organization' type player. i am just glad hes not on our team. with young impressionable players on our team, i am glad we didnt go that route.

he literally lost the game from the bench. why would you want that on your team? it was plain stupid.

quote:
Originally posted by trillmagicfan:

i think getting through 4yrs of college in a city like memphis, with all the ethnic, socio cultural stigma of a town like that, and him staying pretty under the radar is a testament in itself. hes a big dee bow mothertrucker and hed be good to have as a teammate. he aint getting tried like hes soft and he'll lend that to your team as a whole. that being said, its spilled milk and nothing we can do about it now....

there are places far harder than memphis out there...and he seems like he can be easily influenced. hopefully he grows up.

quote:

If this guy has such a competetive spirit then why hasn't he learned how to make free throws, do you think he shoots 100 per day, and still can't manage to make half of them???

Don't you think you are reaching just a little bit here? Dwight isn't a good free throw shooter and no one questions his work ethic.

Some of the comments in this thread are completely inappropriate. Dorsey to the best of my knowledge has never had any brushes with the law and yet guys are talking about him like he is the founding father of the Bloods. There is a long list of tough guys, that were boy scouts off the court, that played a very valuable role on the court as an enforcer.

I would love just once to see the Magic sign a player that loves putting opponents on their ***es when they drive the lane....or in retaliation for constantly hacking at Dwight. Maybe in my lifetime I will see it.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:

Don't you think you are reaching just a little bit here? Dwight isn't a good free throw shooter and no one questions his work ethic.

Some of the comments in this thread are completely inappropriate. Dorsey to the best of my knowledge has never had any brushes with the law and yet guys are talking about him like he is the founding father of the Bloods. There is a long list of tough guys, that were boy scouts off the court, that played a very valuable role on the court as an enforcer.

I would love just once to see the Magic sign a player that loves putting opponents on their ***es when they drive the lane....or in retaliation for constantly hacking at Dwight. Maybe in my lifetime I will see it.

First off we are on the same page here, or at least wanting a player to knock guys around, and enforce for Dwight alittle, That's what Augustine should be doing.IMO he has no other value, I hope he spent all offseason in the weight room. I have said this repeatedly, our team needs to spend their fouls more wisely. When playoffs came around we let teams have layups, except Dooling, and Jameer kind of stepped it up.

But 50% from the charity stripe, that's not hard.

I think Dwight is in the high 60%.

Dorsey is been below 50% in College, I think he was above for his senior year, but barely.

Listen my grandma can make 50% of her freethrows shooting them Jackie Moon style.

But if you want to compare him to Shaq, I don't think Shaq shoots 100 free throws a day either, I don't think he ever practiced like that. But Shaq had ungoddly physical talent and could make up for pathetic free throw shooting with superior on the court play. Dorsey will never have superior on the court play, Sorry I don't see that. I don't even see Rodman type of superior talent. Dorsey has a strong body, is alittle short and often misses dunks, because he dosen't have above average jumping ability either.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a guy willing to be a baddddasssssszzz out on the court, but can still make half, well let's go for more than half of the free throws they attempt.

and while I'm on the subject having Dwight out there, and playing another player with a low free throw percentage, could be very very dangerous.

I fail to see how not being a good free throw shooter is gonna turn him into an inmate.