Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

The Official Dark Knight Thread *Spoilers Inside*

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Riddler will be a aprt of batman 3.... or maybe his inclusion in the Dark Knight was just a nod to fans?

I missed that!

Tha accountant that wanted to blackmail Bruce Wayne when he found out he was Batman... Mr. Reese.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I still think Catwoman would work. They gave a nod to "cats" when Fox was explaining the suit would hold up against them, they've yet to have a female villian, and she's the most realistic option at this point that could be a credible threat to Bats.

Yeah, that was a nice nod as well...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Riddler will be a aprt of batman 3.... or maybe his inclusion in the Dark Knight was just a nod to fans?

I missed that!

Tha accountant that wanted to blackmail Bruce Wayne when he found out he was Batman... Mr. Reese.

You think that was a nod to him? I don't.....

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I missed that!

You think that was a nod to him? I don't.....

Mr Reese

Mysteries

quote:

I didn't know enough about the alter egos/identities of the Bat villians to have picked up on that. Like you said, it was for the real Batman fans.

Well, his real name is supposed to be Edward Nigma, so I suppose it could be more of a nod, not an inclusion.

I get it. I still don't see that being a nod to Riddler. Plus, I looked it up, and in the viral marketing they mentioned Edward Nashton which is Riddlers real name.

quote:
Nolan series

Director Christopher Nolan took the helm as director of the new Batman franchise with the 2005 film Batman Begins. In The Gotham Times, a viral marketing website promoting the 2008 film The Dark Knight, Edward Nashton, an alias of The Riddler, is credited for an editorial in Volume 2 about a Batman statue being added to the Wax Museum. The editorial parallels a 1966 episode of the Batman TV series, in which the Riddler used a Batman statue to smuggle in a 'Universal Wax Solvent' from France. Although Anthony Michael Hall was rumored to be playing the Riddler, Hall is playing a reporter named Mike Engel. While doing press for The Dark Knight, Gary Oldman alluded that the Riddler could be the villain in the proposed third film. David Tennant has expressed an interest in the role. [5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Riddler#Nolan_series

I think a third movie by Nolan is entirely possible. He didn't kill off Joker, and batman and Gordan never said Dent was dead. To me it looks like Nolan left his options open for the next film.

I agree though with Ledger and the joker. Out of respect for him no one should be recasted in that part. His performence was so great that it would be a huge burden on another actor to try and fill those shoes.

As far as other villians, I don't like the idea of Catwoman. I just don't think it fits with the realistic world Nolan is going with. However if there was a catwoman, i'd want Emily Blunt in the role.

I'd like to see the a combination of the Riddler, Two face, Black mask, or maybe even dead shot. Two of those four would work. (I'd love to see Daniel Day Lewis as the Riddler)

My first choice would be round two with the joker, but no Ledger, no joker.

quote:

I get it. I still don't see that being a nod to Riddler. Plus, I looked it up, and in the viral marketing they mentioned Edward Nashton which is Riddlers real name.

quote:
Nolan series

Director Christopher Nolan took the helm as director of the new Batman franchise with the 2005 film Batman Begins. In The Gotham Times, a viral marketing website promoting the 2008 film The Dark Knight, Edward Nashton, an alias of The Riddler, is credited for an editorial in Volume 2 about a Batman statue being added to the Wax Museum. The editorial parallels a 1966 episode of the Batman TV series, in which the Riddler used a Batman statue to smuggle in a 'Universal Wax Solvent' from France. Although Anthony Michael Hall was rumored to be playing the Riddler, Hall is playing a reporter named Mike Engel. While doing press for The Dark Knight, Gary Oldman alluded that the Riddler could be the villain in the proposed third film. David Tennant has expressed an interest in the role. [5]

Wasn't the Riddler a former Wayne Enterprises employee in those 'other' batman films? lol

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I think a third movie by Nolan is entirely possible. He didn't kill off Joker, and batman and Gordan never said Dent was dead. To me it looks like Nolan left his options open for the next film.

I agree though with Ledger and the joker. Out of respect for him no one should be recasted in that part. His performence was so great that it would be a huge burden on another actor to try and fill those shoes.

As far as other villians, I don't like the idea of Catwoman. I just don't think it fits with the realistic world Nolan is going with. However if there was a catwoman, i'd want Emily Blunt in the role.

I'd like to see the a combination of the Riddler, Two face, Black mask, or maybe even dead shot. Two of those four would work. (I'd love to see Daniel Day Lewis as the Riddler)

My first choice would be round two with the joker, but no Ledger, no joker.

emily-blunt8.jpg

9a7f261d.gif9a7f261d.gif9a7f261d.gif9a7f261d.gif

quote:

quote:
Nolan series

I think the Riddler could work. You can make him just as dark and scary as the joker.

Have Dent locked away in Arkham Asylum, Edward Nigma goes crazy, becomes the Riddler, helps Dent escape, rest of movie.

I'd like to see the Riddler, but how many psycho's can Batman go through before it gets a bit repetative, especially after a performance like that by Ledger. Catwoman can slip right in there and try to F with Wayne's head and emotions. It'd be good fun and can have a serious tone as well.