Sign in to follow this  
go_bones84

What PF can we get??? Rumored that Thomas is gone.

quote:
Originally posted by CaliMagicFan:

I don't think we should be, or are, giving up Hedo, any future firsts, or anything of value for a PF. I don't get it. Part of the reason last season went well was Shard playing at the 4. In case you didn't notice, he, along with Hedo and a shooting SG open up the lane for Dwight to work. It's easy. Look at SA (who we're trying to emulate) or even LA in the Shaq years, who won the last few titles with Robert Horry playing most of the crunch time minutes. And what is Horry?

AN UNDERSIZED 4 WHO SHOOTS THREES TO SPACE THE FLOOR FOR YOUR DOMINANT POST PLAYER! It's simple basketball physics...spacing, room to operate for Dwight, and making it harder for another big to come double him.

Now I fully agree with needing another big guy who can come in on nights we're facing a big front line. But we're talking, at most, about a guy who's going to play 15-20 minutes a night, and probably only if Battie goes down. Those guys are a dime a dozen, and I don't think we should be giving away core members of our team, or draft picks, to get one.

This can still happen in spurts without Hedo on the team. Say Hedo is traded with Bogans/Cook for a legit PF such as Haslem/Wilcox/Josh Smith, well when any of them go to the bench, Shard can slide down to the 4 and Pietrus can slide down to the 3 (he played the 4 for GSW so he's not just a 2) and then you still have JJ/Lee to come in at the 2. Just because Hedo gets traded for a PF doesn't mean the entire makeup of how this team plays has to change.

i say aside from the upgrade of pietrus at the 2, we should leave our starting 5 alone. we won alot of games last year and if it ain't broke don't fix it. i agree that we would only really need to pull shard out of the 4 if the opposition stacked up the bigs against us. so that wouldn't be someone to play from start to darn near finish, that's limited minutes, which means he can't be THAT valuable aside from grabbing a few rebounds. this team has firepower aplenty, even on our bench (see dooling, JJ, cook (when he gets hot), Mogans, arroyo). i realize some of these guys might not be back last season, but we still have an awful lot of offense for a team that's supposed to be defensive minded.

now it's 230am here in afghanistan so i'm too lazy to look it up, but doesn't auggie play the 4? and wouldn't he do what we need him to do? grab boards, hustle, and maybe score a few points??

he wouldn't be the starter, but i think he could do some good should battie go down....

nelson/i really don't even know anymore/lee?

pietrus/(i'd like to see evans instead of bogans here)/jj/lee

turk/shard

shard/battie/auggie/cook

howard/gortat/battie

now someone rip it to shreds! i'll probably be on my way to bed soon....