Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

[ESPN Chat] Talk Free Agency with Hollinger @ 3PM ET

Man, this Maggette saga is crazy! Let's see what Mr. Hollinger has to say about where he is gonna end up today.

Anybody that hasn't heard the latest, evidently Philly is gonna trade two guys to the Wolves to free up even more cap space and they are now gonna throw even more money at Brand than what Golden State did. Crazy!

That means it looks as if Golden State is the only team left to give Maggette money. Some of the ESPN guys said they think the Warriors will pony up some cash for Corey and some like Marc Stein think they are gonna target other players. And yet still, others think Corey may not even go there period because it's a rebuilding situation.

Intersting stuff.

I asked about maggette and 3 teams he may go to.

My top three are

SA

Boston

Philly (if they dont sign J. Smith)

I would love to see Maggette here next year, but as days go by it is looking less likely to happen. =(

quote:
Adam (Morgan Hill, CA: the spuras are the front runners to get magette but if he decides not to sign who should the spurs go after?

John Hollinger: (3:11 PM ET ) Two related questions. First of all, San Antonio, Boston and Orlando can't ALL be the front-runner for Maggette. In fact, I'm going with None of the Above. He didn't opt out of $8.4 million so he could take the midlevel. If he's just patient either the Clips, Warriors or Sixers will end up paying him. The midlevel is only a last resort.

John Hollinger: (3:13 PM ET ) As for the Spurs, they'll be opportunistic if they see a chance to get a bargain, as with Maggette, but otherwise we're looking at minor tweaks -- keeping Kurt Thomas and Brent Barry, maybe signing another B-level free agent for a portion of the midlevel, that sort of thing.

Also, I LOVE how they post gramatically incorrect questions (Spuras), and how the adults who type out questions and proofread get shafted. This is ESPN, not hoopsworld.

I dont think we are gonna get him either, and even though it would be awesome I wouldnt mind seeing us go after a defensive type SG, cuz if arent gonna get maggette caliber offense there we should go after a pietrus or someone like that to improve our team D imo.

quote:
John Hollinger: (3:16 PM ET ) I like Outlaws, although they made need to pay the USFL a finder's fee. The problem though is that you're six syllables in before you get to the mascot. It works a lot better if it's just "Oklahoma", but if I recall right the deal they signed specifies it has to be Oklahoma City.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Josh (Scottsdale, AZ): Is Elton Brand really considering signing up with the sixers? I mean, REALLY? I understand the point about heading out East. But even with the West being stacked, I'm still not seeing anyone getting past Boston/Detroit in the next 2 years except maybe Orlando or an out-of-this-world-Lebron and scrubs. Isn't he better off rolling with Baron and hoping Gordon becomes a stud?

I love Outlaws too but David Stern would name them the Rose Petals before he approves of such a "negative" name. He doesn't like black uniforms and he didn't like the Bullets. Outlaws is a no no.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

I love Outlaws too but David Stern would name them the Rose Petals before he approves of such a "negative" name. He doesn't like black uniforms and he didn't like the Bullets. Outlaws is a no no.

Congrats, it takes a lot to make me actually LOL!!!