Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

trade scenarios to solve depth issues...

i understand that trading turk isnt the most popular idea, although his days may be numbered in orlando whether we like it or not.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53425/200807...ive_in_trade_market/

what does OKC need? backcourt help for KD, russ westbrook. who is available? wilcox and backup pg(luke)

what does ORL need? starting pf and backup pg.

if we package turk and bogans(total 9.9mil) for wilcox and luke(total 13.25mil) it fits the CBA parameters...both teams address needs, each team is happy. the downside, aside from losing turk of course, is that we would be taking on more salary than we would be giving up. because of this, ORL should TRY to throw in preferably cook, or jj if need be to make salaries match better, and offload more unnecessary salary.

imagine if that went down AND we were somehow able to acquire maggs(or pietrus) through FA...our team would be this:

jameer/luke ridnour

maggs(pietrus)/Lee/dooling?

shard/maggs

wilcox/battie

howard/gortat

not only would our starting 5 probably be the best lineup in the whole league, but our second team of ridnour, Lee, battie, and gortat would be a pretty big unit. obviously a SF is needed, but maggs or shard can fill in at SF when the second unit is in...making one of the better 2nd units in the east imo, assuming that Lee turns out pretty alright...

what do you think?

i understand that trading turk isnt the most popular idea, although his days may be numbered in orlando whether we like it or not.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53425/200807...ive_in_trade_market/

what does OKC need? backcourt help for KD, russ westbrook. who is available? wilcox and backup pg(luke)

what does ORL need? starting pf and backup pg.

if we package turk and bogans(total 9.9mil) for wilcox and luke(total 13.25mil) it fits the CBA parameters...both teams address needs, each team is happy. the downside, aside from losing turk of course, is that we would be taking on more salary than we would be giving up. because of this, ORL should TRY to throw in preferably cook, or jj if need be to make salaries match better, and offload more unnecessary salary.

imagine if that went down AND we were somehow able to acquire maggs(or pietrus) through FA...our team would be this:

jameer/luke ridnour

maggs(pietrus)/Lee/dooling?

shard/maggs

wilcox/battie

howard/gortat

not only would our starting 5 probably be the best lineup in the whole league, but our second team of ridnour, Lee, battie, and gortat would be a pretty big unit. obviously a SF is needed, but maggs or shard can fill in at SF when the second unit is in...making one of the better 2nd units in the east imo, assuming that Lee turns out pretty alright...

what do you think?

wilcox strikes me as a player whose stats would skyrocket if he was put next to dwight...hence, i know that turk is a better overall player, but for our TEAM i think we would still come out on top, considering we would theoretically be also acquiring a starting caliber pg in the process.