Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Official 2013 Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League Thread

Your changing every disagreement into a personal attack thread is really tiresome. But I guess you provide some comic relief for everyone.

You have never heard of buying out a lease or buying out a contract, I guess.

Why would the City of Orlando agree to a buyout? So we can lose our only professional sports franchise and become the laughing stock of American cities? Are you really concerned the Magic would want to leave Orlando because they themselves suck? I have a hard time believing that you even believe what your saying

...... aside from maybe E'Twaun Moore who should never, ever, play PG.

Totally agree with you on this, btw.

Why would the City of Orlando agree to a buyout? So we can lose our only professional sports franchise and become the laughing stock of American cities? Are you really concerned the Magic would want to leave Orlando because they themselves suck? I have a hard time believing that you even believe what your saying

They would leave if they have no community support (empty arena, very low TV ratings) and good offers from other cities to relocate. The usual reasons that teams relocate. Why is that hard to believe?

It's a fair point. However, some teams seem to manage to overcome injuries. And what's really concerning to me is how our defense continued to worsen during the course of the season.

I didn't see more consistent play as the season progressed at either end of the floor from any of our young guys (we can leave Harris/Lamb out, since they were with the team a relatively short time).

Why do you think they improved?

Because I have eyes. Again, our offense likely struggled because we were playing without our starting PG and our defense likely struggled because we lost our best team defender in BBD and AA for a few weeks also.

Because I have eyes. Again, our offense likely struggled because we were playing without our starting PG and our defense likely struggled because we lost our best team defender in BBD and AA for a few weeks also.

I have eyes also and our eyes are telling us different things. No statistics during the regular season tell us they improved. Their play so far in the summer league isn't all that impressive (you can discount the summer league but it's certainly not evidence for improvement).

The fact that some of the veterans were out with injuries can mitigate the sudden drop in our record. Granted. But it doesn't say anything one way or another about whether the young players showed improvement.

They would leave if they have no community support (empty arena, very low TV ratings) and good offers from other cities to relocate. The usual reasons that teams relocate. Why is that hard to believe?

I think the chances are much better that the team simply accepts that they need to keep improving in order to bring the fans back rather than blame the city and try to pout their way out of town. Its just a ridiculous notion going into year two of a complete 3-5 year rebuild in a brand new arena.

I think the chances are much better that the team accepts that they need to improve rather than blame the city and try to pout their way out of town. Its just a ridiculous notion going into year two of a complete 3-5 year rebuild in a brand new arena.

We'll see. I'm not talking about the team leaving the city this year or next, of course. But I am saying if they get mired in the cellar for a few years, things are going to look very different than they do now, when everyone has high hopes that we'll be better in the next 2-3 years.

And it has nothing to do with pouting. It would be a business decision if they have poor attendance and TV ratings.

It's just anecdotal but I live in Daytona and was at a number of sports bars last season during Magic games. They sometimes had 3-4 screens showing college womans softball, but never did I see a Magic game without asking them to put it on (and then I got some odd looks).

I have eyes also and our eyes are telling us different things. No statistics during the regular season tell us they improved. Their play so far in the summer league isn't all that impressive (you can discount the summer league but it's certainly not evidence for improvement).

The fact that some of the veterans were out with injuries can mitigate the sudden drop in our record. Granted. But it doesn't say anything one way or another about whether the young players showed improvement.

Okay, I'm done

We'll see. I'm not talking about the team leaving the city this year or next, of course. But I am saying if they get mired in the cellar for a few years, things are going to look very different than they do now, when everyone has high hopes that we'll be better in the next 2-3 years.

And it has nothing to do with pouting. It would be a business decision if they have poor attendance and TV ratings.

It's just anecdotal but I live in Daytona and was at a number of sports bars last season during Magic games. They sometimes had 3-4 screens showing college womans softball, but never did I see a Magic game without asking them to put it on (and then I got some odd looks).

Then they would be morons for not understanding their poor product was the cause of both. Let's agree to disagree on all of this and move on

Then they would be morons for not understanding their poor product was the cause of both. Let's agree to disagree on all of this and move on

Their poor product would be the cause of both and they would understand that. Wouldn't stop them from moving if they got financial support from another city and a chance for a new start. Again, would be a business decision.

I hope all of this doesn't come close to happening, but the Magic do need to try to become competitive, and everyone but the most die-hard fan likes to see some signs of improvement, even if not a winning season. Tanking is risky, in my opinion.

I'm done also.