Sign in to follow this  
EnFuego

Euro 2008 - Best Soccer Tournament Ever

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Germany automatic over Turkey right???

To paraphrase Signor Ferrari;

For Turkey to beat Germany, it would take a miracle, and the Germans have outlawed miracles.

Quality will see Germany prevail. The Turkey team are a good side, but I believe their run will come to an end tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

quote:

For Turkey to beat Germany, it would take a miracle, and the Germans have outlawed miracles.

i believe in miracles

trophy_313emps.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=745935

"If Turkey continue to have this sort of luck we will have something very similar to a new Greece,"

quote:
Originally posted by athena:

quote:

quote:

i believe in miracles

trophy_313emps.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en-india/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=745935

"If Turkey continue to have this sort of luck we will have something very similar to a new Greece,"

Athena,

I agree. And your country pulled off one of the most improbable miracles in 2004. It didn't get as much press here, but it is one of the biggest upsets ever.

But the difference is that Greece played that tournament with their roster mostly unaltered. I don't doubt that Turkey could beat Germany with it's regular roster. But there is a point where the roster is so depleted, that it's hard to believe they could pull it off.

p.s. the miracle reference pertains to a line in Casablanca. I too believe in miracles.

Another classic. I didn't think Turkey could do make a game out of it but they did. Almost a miracle.

ESPN kept saying the feed in the second half was out for everyone around the world. Is that true? We missed most of the second helf which was a shame.

Go Spain!

quote:

Another classic. I didn't think Turkey could do make a game out of it but they did. Almost a miracle.

ESPN kept saying the feed in the second half was out for everyone around the world. Is that true? We missed most of the second helf which was a shame.

Go Spain!

I was sooooo pissed when that happened...I have no ties to either squad, but I was so into the match that I about threw something at my TV...

they're re-running it on ESPN Classic at 9pm tonight and that will be WITHOUT technical glitches...