Sign in to follow this  
Ned Ryerson

Wow... We now have a reason to discredit every call, ever...

quote:
Court documents filed by Donaghy's lawyer detailed the "inner-workings" of a plot in which top league executives used referees to manipulate the games. Donaghy claims two referees were "company men" whose job was to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

The documents did not name the series, but the Lakers-Kings Western Conference finals was the only series in 2002 that went to a seventh game, with the Lakers winning both Game 6 and 7 to reach the NBA Finals.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8231176/Report:-Dona...fixed-playoff-series

I don't know about you, but this is as Magic related as it gets. Is it that far fetched to say that the league is against a small market team like us when compared to, say, Detroit? Example, Game 2 shot clock...

This is a much bigger deal to me than steroids in baseball...

quote:
Court documents filed by Donaghy's lawyer detailed the "inner-workings" of a plot in which top league executives used referees to manipulate the games. Donaghy claims two referees were "company men" whose job was to extend a playoff series in 2002 to a seventh game.

The documents did not name the series, but the Lakers-Kings Western Conference finals was the only series in 2002 that went to a seventh game, with the Lakers winning both Game 6 and 7 to reach the NBA Finals.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8231176/Report:-Dona...fixed-playoff-series

I don't know about you, but this is as Magic related as it gets. Is it that far fetched to say that the league is against a small market team like us when compared to, say, Detroit? Example, Game 2 shot clock...

This is a much bigger deal to me than steroids in baseball...