Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

The Draft Gurus

In light of reading Ball Junkies J.J. Redick draft post, I have an idea to keep a running yearly post in regards to the Magic's draft to be evaluated every year. I am not sure the best way to set this up, but maybe some of the vets on here have input. This way in the long-run we will see who has the best eye for talent. I would actually propose to do this after the draft for numerous reasons.

1. You could not pick a player who had been drafted before the Magic's pick.

2. If the Magic pick up an additional pick or move up, you need the additional information.

I would also include a section to pick the 3 best players from the draft.

Everyone could post the thoughts on who the Magic should have drafted and why. Lock the thread two weeks after the draft and pick it back up next year.

Any thoughts?

In light of reading Ball Junkies J.J. Redick draft post, I have an idea to keep a running yearly post in regards to the Magic's draft to be evaluated every year. I am not sure the best way to set this up, but maybe some of the vets on here have input. This way in the long-run we will see who has the best eye for talent. I would actually propose to do this after the draft for numerous reasons.

2. If the Magic pick up an additional pick or move up, you need the additional information.

Everyone could post the thoughts on who the Magic should have drafted and why. Lock the thread two weeks after the draft and pick it back up next year.

Any thoughts?

Courtskils, I think this is an excellent suggestion. It certainly would make for good conversation/discussion.

If the powers that be decide to do it, count me in.

We do this always. It might not be called an official draft review thread but we always talk about and critize the draft picks.

if you want to start a thread just go for it....

quote:
Originally posted by Courtskils:

Any thoughts?

Create a template with the info you want to capture (draft picks for the Magic, top three pics, etc).

Post your template in your new official draft grade thread, or whatever you want to call it. Add in some basic instructions (like, copy paste the template into each new response, add in your pics, etc).

List a timeline. At the end of that timeline, ask a mod to lock the thread or what have you.

A year later, Start a new discussion about the previous year draft, link in the locked thread, discuss.

I'm actually surprised there isn't a draft thread already. Normally Fendi or another of the anal nation would create one. And yes I realize we don't need 800 new threads about the same posts.

quote:
Originally posted by CoachTsurfing:

I'm actually surprised there isn't a draft thread already. Normally Fendi or another of the anal nation would create one. And yes I realize we don't need 800 new threads about the same posts.

To his credit, what he is proposing is a better way to manage the 'what we should have done' posts/threads/crowd. And is a 'post draft' thread, not pre draft discussion.

Not a bad idea at all, lets see if he follows through.