Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

POLL: NBA championship / playoffs

The poll is a bit flawed.

I don't want any of them to win. It's inevitable that one of the two teams will be champions, but that doesn't mean I want either of them to win. They're both annoying teams.

Hate both teams.

I rather the championship in the East though. I am sick of the constant LEastern Conference talk.

Any Eastern Conference team that makes the Finals gets my vote.

quote:
from a hoopsworld blogger:

Um morons, Boston barely got through each playoff series and Lakers handled everyone. Any team in the West could have easily swept any team in the East. Hell, Clippers could have the best record in the East if they were over there

Go Celtics!

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

The poll is a bit flawed.

I don't want any of them to win. It's inevitable that one of the two teams will be champions, but that doesn't mean I want either of them to win. They're both annoying teams.

Yeah..that epic Boston Celtics advertisement commercial annoys me to the pit of my soul. I repeatedly have to watch Kevin Garnett pop his jersey and let out a roar of primal superiority...

i have to be say something on this one,well i dont want boston to win because clearly david stern have his hands on this series like the others.i know this comment will put people to think,lakers i just dont like kobe because he thinks he better than jordan,my opinion he will never be even close.

i really stop watching the playoffs once our team got eliminated i just flip tru channels and watch only a little,but i must say im starting to hate david stern,he needs to leave the games alone and let the best team win,rigth now im not seen that he is getting money hungry and that all he is after.

just if he stops telling the refs what to do i bet neither one of this teams would be in the finals,but of course thats just my observation and little knowledge i got,everyone is entidle to their own.

What's that old adages?

D wins championships & role players play big at home!

Boston's role players & bench have been outplaying the Lakers badly. That's been the key imo. Now home court advantage becomes the key.

I think it's over w/the 2-3-2 format. I can't see LA winning 3 str8 or Boston losing 2 str8 at home. I think you have to win 1 of the upfront away games to win with this format without home court. Then this format almost favors the team w/o home court.

My dad grew up in Mass and was a huge Boston fan and I love watching Bird on ESPN classic, sp there are some ties there, but I just can't bring myself to root for Paul Pierce. I just can't stand him. I like Garnett and Allen, but Pierce just angers the hell out of me.

So I want the Lakers to win. To bad they didn't complete the comeback last night. Hopefully Boston falls apart on the road again.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

D wins championships

How did Doc Rivers get this team to play the best defense in the entire league this year? Neither Allen or Pierce played good defense before this year.

Yes, Boston will win the championship because of defense.

I have been impressed w/Rondo and Perkins all year. There are no holes in the starting 5 lineup.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

D wins championships

How did Doc Rivers get this team to play the best defense in the entire league this year? Neither Allen or Pierce played good defense before this year.

I have been impressed w/Rondo and Perkins all year. There are no holes in the starting 5 lineup.

im sorry solution but even nelson is better than rondo,come on now do you really think boston deserves the trophy after almost losing to atlanta get real people dont be blind

quote:

quote:

D wins championships

I think it comes down to a few key things:

1. The mindset of winning it all from day 1.

2. The internal leadership of KG

3. Having role players who's focus is D

4. Having a coach other than Doc run the D

When you have 3-4 guys around you busting their tails defensively, you're going to buy in.

Pierce has actually always been a good defender. But, Boston has typically run a wide open style while he's been there.

Rondo & Perkins played their role this season. Where they've really impressed me is where I expected them to fall down hard, in the playoffs.

Alex, Rondo is a very good defender, & I'll go out on a limb and predict he dished out twice as many assists last night as any pg on this roster ever will in a finals game.

If Boston wins it, they'll deserve it because they won it. It's the destination, not the journey that matters. Or, you could ask teams like Pheonix & Dallas if they disagree.

quote:

quote:

quote:

D wins championships

I think it comes down to a few key things:

1. The mindset of winning it all from day 1.

2. The internal leadership of KG

3. Having role players who's focus is D

4. Having a coach other than Doc run the D

When you have 3-4 guys around you busting their tails defensively, you're going to buy in.

Pierce has actually always been a good defender. But, Boston has typically run a wide open style while he's been there.

Rondo & Perkins played their role this season. Where they've really impressed me is where I expected them to fall down hard, in the playoffs.

Alex, Rondo is a very good defender, & I'll go out on a limb and predict he dished out twice as many assists last night as any pg on this roster ever will in a finals game.

If Boston wins it, they'll deserve it because they won it. It's the destination, not the journey that matters. Or, you could ask teams like Pheonix & Dallas if they disagree.

all im going to tell you any point guard can do that with a team like that please even nate robison can.