Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

This is a TEAM game, so that means.....

Am I the only one who "wants" to keep this team together and doesn't hate any of the players excluding jack daniel 999? The only person I want to be banished from my sight is...

I haven't blamed a player in a while but I've mentioned what there problems are, explanations for their problems, and what their true capabilities are.

No, I don't think Nelson, Dooling, Arroyo, Bogans, Diener, Turk and the rest of the players who everyone continues to bash.

As I've said before, I regret making that post about Arroyo. Its turns out that players really need to learn their lesson by acceptable types of discipline.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

Am I the only one who "wants" to keep this team together and doesn't hate any of the players excluding jack daniel 999? The only person I want to be banished from my sight is...

I haven't blamed a player in a while but I've mentioned what there problems are, explanations for their problems, and what their true capabilities are.

No, I don't think Nelson, Dooling, Arroyo, Bogans, Diener, Turk and the rest of the players who everyone continues to bash.

As I've said before, I regret making that post about Arroyo. Its turns out that players really need to learn their lesson by acceptable types of discipline.

I don't want any of the team to split either. New acquisitions, however, I can live with!

i think that jameer had a great game yesterday and dont know why people blaming him for the lost yesterday. Chauncey billups had to make a rediculous shot(he also traveled)to put us away. I dont think jameer is the best but i do think he has potential and that he will get better. Also i love DH but if he would of made half the free throws we would of won.

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

O Dub you should add me to that list with JD. I like our team the way it is. Management and the Coaching staff is another issue...

quote:
Originally posted by Carlitos Way:

LoL this is an easy one to figure out. A lot people here complain that the Jammer is too short and he can't defend well. Umm what about Diener? Shorter and extremely weaker then the Jammer and also a much worse defender too. I see Diener always being the Third string PG for any team that he is traded too because of this...

Sorry Diener Fans stating the obvious here...

OK, well let's see how "obvious" this is. Diener is 6-1 and Jameer is 5-11 on tip toes. So instead of being "shorter" than Jameer, Diener is two or three inches taller. Sadly, the rest of your post didn't get any better after that. Hard to take what you say seriously when you are ignorant of the most basic facts.

I dont understand how diener gets so much respect on this board. He may be a decent player but he hasnt proven himself. He may be a pass first point guard but that doesnt mean he will be effective in the NBA. Jameer has been showing improvement the last few games and i think he will do alot better in the playoffs

quote:
Originally posted by sgorly:

I dont understand how diener gets so much respect on this board. He may be a decent player but he hasnt proven himself. He may be a pass first point guard but that doesnt mean he will be effective in the NBA. Jameer has been showing improvement the last few games and i think he will do alot better in the playoffs

The discussion isn't really germane right now anyway, since Diener obviously is not a factor for the Magic right now. It was obvious during the year how much better the offense looked when he was playing, but evidently that means nothing to Brian Hill.

As far as Jameer is concerned, his play this year has been mostly awful. He's been given way more playing time than he's deserved, based on his performance. After 78 games I see no reason to expect some kind of miraculous turn-around.

A good point guard makes everyone around him better. Bad point guard play does the opposite.

I don't put all the blame on Jameer, however. Brian Hill deserves a good chunk of it also, for his weird offensive schemes, boring/slow gameplay, lack of effective use of his personnel in so many ways, lack of development of some of the younger players who could be contributing a lot more (and given us more wins), and generally sour disposition.

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

quote:

LoL this is an easy one to figure out. A lot people here complain that the Jammer is too short and he can't defend well. Umm what about Diener? Shorter and extremely weaker then the Jammer and also a much worse defender too. I see Diener always being the Third string PG for any team that he is traded too because of this...

Sorry Diener Fans stating the obvious here...

OK, well let's see how "obvious" this is. Diener is 6-1 and Jameer is 5-11 on tip toes. So instead of being "shorter" than Jameer, Diener is two or three inches taller. Sadly, the rest of your post didn't get any better after that. Hard to take what you say seriously when you are ignorant of the most basic facts.

Jammers Stats

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3837

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jameer_nelson/index.html

Diener Stats

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/travis_diener/index.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3964

Opps We both get F's on our homework. We should done our homework better before we throw numbers in our post. They have the Jammer listed at 6ft not 5-11 on his tippie toes which would probally give 3 more inches on his height LOL.

So Diener isn't 2-3" inches taller then the Jammer like you stated. So they basically see eye to eye to each other. Everything I stated besides his height was true and had meaning behind it.

I think our ignorance got the best of both of us here...

They officially list Diener at 6-1 and Jameer at 6-0. So even by official listing Diener is taller. However, everyone knows the listing for Jameer inflates his height by an inch or two. Even the Magic announcers routinely mention it. No such claim has ever been made about Diener.

I stand by my earlier comments.

quote:

You can stand by what you said. Just wishing you a good day JJZ and the rest of the Magic fans.

Same to you, Carlitos Way.