the notorious S.A.C.

Dwight Decision Thread - Update on Page 10

How did the Lakers gut their team for Dwight Howard? They got a free rental on the best center in the league by giving up a center with degenerative knees. The alternate universe version of the Lakers that convinced Bynum to sign an extension isn't happy right now.

Well Howard gutted the Lakers in other ways.... #1: Draft picks... LA still gave some up. #2: LA "future" Franchise is gone... That put's LA hoping for a homer in 2014 to rebuild. #3 LA looks like a small market team right now.... begging for someone to stay.. LA really?... thought it would never happen.

Last but not least, this also forces LA to finally put together a team the hard way... through drafts and FA. No more stealing from Peter to pay Paul. So thats How Howard is currently gutting LA... Did I also mention that without Dwight... LA has no shot at a Champ?

How did the Lakers gut their team for Dwight Howard? They got a free rental on the best center in the league by giving up a center with degenerative knees. The alternate universe version of the Lakers that convinced Bynum to sign an extension isn't happy right now.

Have you forgotten the Lakers gave up Devin Ebanks? The Devin Ebanks? The Lakers are a proud franchise and don't include such quality players like Ebanks for nothing.

And Barnett, seriously, the Lakers didn't lose squat. One 1st rounder and one 2nd rounder. BFD.

Well Howard gutted the Lakers in other ways.... #1: Draft picks... LA still gave some up. #2: LA "future" Franchise is gone... That put's LA hoping for a homer in 2014 to rebuild. #3 LA looks like a small market team right now.... begging for someone to stay.. LA really?... thought it would never happen.

Last but not least, this also forces LA to finally put together a team the hard way... through drafts and FA. No more stealing from Peter to pay Paul. So thats How Howard is currently gutting LA... Did I also mention that without Dwight... LA has no shot at a Champ?

The only point I agree with you is #2. Losing Dwight means you lose a franchise caliber player (and superstar when he feels like it).

LA can still reload in 2014 if they want. They can renounce everyone with only Nash on the books and probably convince Kobe and Gasol to take minimum deals. At that point they will have soooo many options. They could even use the stretch provision on Nash. The possibilities are endless.

The only point I agree with you is #2. Losing Dwight means you lose a franchise caliber player (and superstar when he feels like it).

LA can still reload in 2014 if they want. They can renounce everyone with only Nash on the books and probably convince Kobe and Gasol to take minimum deals. At that point they will have soooo many options. They could even use the stretch provision on Nash. The possibilities are endless.

I thought the stretch provision and amnesty clauses were only for deals prior to the new CBA. Unless that's the amnesty clause and only the amnesty clause....

I thought the stretch provision and amnesty clauses were only for deals prior to the new CBA. Unless that's the amnesty clause and only the amnesty clause....

yeah, the amnesty clause is old contracts. stretch is in play.

1. Those draft picks were useless.

2. They'd be in the same situation if they traded for Dwight or not.

If #2 is correct, then he couldn't have possibly gutted the Lakers. If we don't trade Dwight, he signs with Brooklyn. Therefore, the Lakers literally lost nothing of value in their courtship of Dwight Howard.

• Upvote 1

If #2 is correct, then he couldn't have possibly gutted the Lakers. If we don't trade Dwight, he signs with Brooklyn. Therefore, the Lakers literally lost nothing of value in their courtship of Dwight Howard.

Sigh....

If your looking for a concession, its not happening. I think Dwight help gut the LA franchise with his current situation, if he doesnt sign.

You dont.

Thats awesome.

I also think with the new CBA kicking, the days of ripping talent with no ill effects are coming to close. Super teams are cool but get old. When 2014 rolls around there will be big names, but there will also be other players in the water for competition. When was the last time the Lakers had to compete to get someone, i mean usually they just send their guy down a couple years prior to the trade and make it work (Memphis, West)...kidding.

The Lakers are not in a good state, now or for the next 5. They are use to aiming for the championship. Well, if Dwight doesnt sign... then thats not gonna happen for a while. Eventually the Lakers will have to "DRAFT" their next franchise player, without Dwight, it will be inevitable. The last player they "Drafted/Traded For" was Kobe in 1996.

If you would bet on the day of D12's decision? Which date would you choose?

Eddie Sefko: July 4...just because that would mess up everybody's holiday....not that there are any holidays this time of the year. Actually, a more educated guess will be Friday. He'll take a couple days to turn everything over in his head, let his agent (Dan HWNSNBU) tell him about the financial implications and then the white puff of smoke will come out of the chimney and we'll have a new Pope.

LOOOOOOOL

Those numbers were from before their new media deal took effect(it starts this year, I believe), and are based off the Lakers having a total revenue of just south of 200m.

They'll be more than doubling their annual revenue with their new media deal.

Also from Forbes. Notice the listed revenue number.

I did notice the revenue numbers but their overall profit wasn't so high and their players salary was only going to grow under the new CBA. I didn't realise there was such a large difference between their new and old media deal though so I was wrong, the new luxury tax threshold doesn't really effect them.

+1 for your sig