Sign in to follow this  
TrueBlueDrew

Michael Kidd Gilchrist available?

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=135682

Apparently Charlotte is shopping him around because they believe they can replace him with Otto Porter.

Do you think there will be any interest there? I doubt that Charlotte would trade within the division but I can personally say MKG is EXACTLY the type of player the Magic should pursue. Great defense and an amazing basketball motor. Not to mention a natural leader and great locker room guy.

Any Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=135682

Apparently Charlotte is shopping him around because they believe they can replace him with Otto Porter.

Do you think there will be any interest there? I doubt that Charlotte would trade within the division but I can personally say MKG is EXACTLY the type of player the Magic should pursue. Great defense and an amazing basketball motor. Not to mention a natural leader and great locker room guy.

Any Thoughts?

God Charlotte is dumb. I'd take MKG, except for we are kind of set at SF

Limited shooting ability. Great defense, but honestly im just sick of Kentucky players in Orlando.

Aside from Orton, who hasn't panned out?

Liggins is legit and is turning into an awesome role player for the Thunder and I've read reports saying they are saying he's too valuable to let him walk.

Bledsoe seems to have everyone up in a frenzy.

So...that's all in the last couple of years. Noel and MKG would be fantastic adds which would make the Magic a defensive minded team, almost like the Grizzlies with a Spurs/Thunder mindset of developing a team. I'm not saying that this is going to happen obviously, I'm just saying its dumb on Charlottes side and that MKG is exactly the type of player that the magic should pursue.

• Upvote 1

What in the world? Why would they even think about giving up on MKG so soon?

Besides, the Wizards probably will pick Porter at 3, so why would they be thinking about Porter, realistically?

I wouldn't mind switching picks and getting him.. then either Victor or B-Mac would still be there at 4. But I'm sure that Charlotte would want more than just the #2 pick for that, so.. bleh.

But if the slightest bit true, how dumb on their part is that? I wouldn't even want a rumor like this coming out on the chance it could affect MKG's attitude.

No thank you on this kid. I was not a fan when he was drafted, even less of a fan now. His game isn't going to change much in the next 5 years. What he is now as an NBA player l, is what he will be then, just more mature.

What in the world? Why would they even think about giving up on MKG so soon?

Besides, the Wizards probably will pick Porter at 3, so why would they be thinking about Porter, realistically?

I wouldn't mind switching picks and getting him.. then either Victor or B-Mac would still be there at 4. But I'm sure that Charlotte would want more than just the #2 pick for that, so.. bleh.

But if the slightest bit true, how dumb on their part is that? I wouldn't even want a rumor like this coming out on the chance it could affect MKG's attitude.

Don't you mean we would want something more than that, since we'd be giving up the higher pick so they can get their guy and all? Edit: Nevermind, I misread the "getting him" part (MKG). We'd trade down two spots for MKG in a heartbeat obviously if that was actually being offered