Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

Bad officiating caused us today's game.

Just like the rest of the members of this forum I am sorry about your loss. But...in all fairness to the city and people of Auburn Hills Michigan I would like to inform you that the "Detroit" Pistons DO NOT play in Detroit they play in the CITY of AUBURN HILLS.

As for the thuggish play of the Pistons, they don't play nearly as physical as some other teams, it is just the "Bad Boys" nickname that people continue to look upon. This team isn't even in the same league as the "Bad Boys" You want to talk about a physical a series look at the Wizards and Cavs, that was a very physical series.

You think commissioner really wants the Pistons to be playing in the Finals? He has tried for years to change the rules to keep teams like the Pistons and Spurs from making it to the playoffs.

If you want to play good defense you have to get physical. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. These guys get paid millions to play and get abused by each others.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert56:

Just like the rest of the members of this forum I am sorry about your loss. But...in all fairness to the city and people of Auburn Hills Michigan I would like to inform you that the "Detroit" Pistons DO NOT play in Detroit they play in the CITY of AUBURN HILLS.

As for the thuggish play of the Pistons, they don't play nearly as physical as some other teams, it is just the "Bad Boys" nickname that people continue to look upon. This team isn't even in the same league as the "Bad Boys" You want to talk about a physical a series look at the Wizards and Cavs, that was a very physical series.

You think commissioner really wants the Pistons to be playing in the Finals? He has tried for years to change the rules to keep teams like the Pistons and Spurs from making it to the playoffs.

If you want to play good defense you have to get physical. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. These guys get paid millions to play and get abused by each others.

While I respect your opinion, I have to respectfully disagree.

Yes, I know the Pistons play in a suburb of Michigan, but their name is not the Auburn Hills Pistons, it's the Detroit Pistons; therefore they represent the city of Detroit, even though they don't play in said cesspool.

Nothing anyone can ever say will ever change my mind about that city, no offense.

About physical play... there's a huge difference between bodying up on guys like Dwight, and hacking the crap out of someone.

They use underhanded advantages in order to get "good" shots up, much like soccer players who covertly set out to get away with cheap shots; then when the refs looks their way they act like they did nothing wrong.

Granted, soccer players are a lot rougher than basketball players, but I digress...

And I never said Stern was trying to keep the Pistons out of the playoffs, nor do i think he's trying to get them in; I think as a "veteran" (see: old) team they get the benefit of MANY calls... which is wrong with ANY TEAM, even if it happened with the Magic.

Another thing; the Wiz/Cavs series was carried out by younger players who were only out to hit Lebron. The Pistons are an old team, who know how to get away with some of the more underhanded tactics.

Again, I appreciate the kind words, and I did apologize for bashing the city and the team based on appearance, but as far their play, you will never be able to convince me of their "fairness".

Yes, we sucked at free throws. Yeah, we didn't rebound very well. And yes, we ended up settling for way too many jump shots. But.....

The officiating in this entire round was very slanted and scewed in Detroits favor. That last shot by Turk, Prince hit him in the chest with his right hand and tipped his shooting hand with his left.

Bottom line, the officials gave the entire series to the Pistons as a gift. Yeah, I said it. It was a gift. Enjoy it Detroit cause this is your last year among the elite in this league. Next year "We Got Next" and there aint nothing or nobody to save your face then.

It's an absolute shame that a non-contact sport has come to this. I keep hearing that Dwight needs to toughen up. To what???? Does he now need to resort to cheating? What needs to toughen up is Sterns stance on BS officiating. You'd think after an official gets busted for bad calls in return for mob money that Stern would clean up. But no..... Not Stern. Greedy ***** just keeps on going just like it never happened.

I love my Magic and I will always be here, but this sh@t has got to stop.

quote:
Originally posted by RU4 The Magic:

Yes, we sucked at free throws. Yeah, we didn't rebound very well. And yes, we ended up settling for way too many jump shots. But.....

The officiating in this entire round was very slanted and scewed in Detroits favor. That last shot by Turk, Prince hit him in the chest with his right hand and tipped his shooting hand with his left.

Bottom line, the officials gave the entire series to the Pistons as a gift. Yeah, I said it. It was a gift. Enjoy it Detroit cause this is your last year among the elite in this league. Next year "We Got Next" and there aint nothing or nobody to save your face then.

It's an absolute shame that a non-contact sport has come to this. I keep hearing that Dwight needs to toughen up. To what???? Does he now need to resort to cheating? What needs to toughen up is Sterns stance on BS officiating. You'd think after an official gets busted for bad calls in return for mob money that Stern would clean up. But no..... Not Stern. Greedy ***** just keeps on going just like it never happened.

i can't put it on the refs. BUT, if i looked at the business side....i couldn't blame the league for favoring an already established fan base over a fan base who barely comes to home games. I am sure that they will get more money from the Pistons than from the Magic. Just saying, they are a more established fan base, even if the team is boring.

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

quote:

i can't put it on the refs. BUT, if i looked at the business side....i couldn't blame the league for favoring an already established fan base over a fan base who barely comes to home games. I am sure that they will get more money from the Pistons than from the Magic. Just saying, they are a more established fan base, even if the team is boring.

With all do respect... That is the lamest excuse (for what we all witnessed in this series) I have ever heard. Going with your logic, and you said it, since Detroit has "a more established fan base" and you are "sure that they will get more money from the Pistons than from the Magic" that the officials should just hand them the game. That is just crazy.

"Here, lets drug all the dogs on the track because we all know Old Blue is a fan favorite. Even though he's 100 in dog years". Whatever! That's BS!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by bballbabe:

quote:

With all do respect... That is the lamest excuse (for what we all witnessed in this series) I have ever heard. Going with your logic, and you said it, since Detroit has "a more established fan base" and you are "sure that they will get more money from the Pistons than from the Magic" that the officials should just hand them the game. That is just crazy.

"Here, lets drug all the dogs on the track because we all know Old Blue is a fan favorite. Even though he's 100 in dog years". Whatever! That's BS!

uh...actually, i just said that they will make more money and they will. I did not say the refs should hand them anything, but offered a line of thinking that MIGHT explain why they would want the pistons in the finals and not the Magic. At the end of the day, IT IS about revenue generated for the league.

You won't find anything in MY post that says they should do this. The Pistons ratings leave more to be desired. However, the fact that we have trouble selling out our Orena, and they don't does strike me. THey have been doing it for years. So if the league went with guaranteed money, i wouldn't be surprised. THAT is what i was indicating. Believe what you want.