Sign in to follow this  
alex30

NBA Playoffs 2008-Detroit Pistons @ Orlando Magic, Game 4 5/10

Stop being bitter Magic fans. I understand its a tuff loss and the season is over, but...

The Pistons are a better team, end of story.

Veteran teams do verteran things. Young teams do what young teams do. Its simple. The Magic dont have one hardened through the ropes player. This is a team that will have to learn the hard way.

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Evil:

Great game and fun to watch. Hedo should have been called for a charge at the end.

He never gets them from refs. It has been long time since he quit even talking about it.

quote:
Originally posted by nabeca:

quote:

Great game and fun to watch. Hedo should have been called for a charge at the end.

He never gets them from refs. It has been long time since he quit even talking about it.

Hedo wasnt fouled, he fouled the defender.

This is why we were overlooked all year and the experts laughed when anyone mentioned the Magic as contenders. The Cavs were mentioned ahead of us because they are built for the postseason.

Pistons - have size

Celtics - have size

Cavs - have size

We are small at the PG, SG and PF which like the Suns is pretty to watch but inefective when it counts.

Jameer has for the most part played awesome for us this postseason but he just cant stop anyone.

Rashard has given his all but he just cant guard bigs consistently.

Bogans, Evans and Dooling are either too slow too short or too boneheaded at the most inappropriate times.

These guys all give their all and I respect that but at some point you have to just say this group is not going to carry us to where we want to be.

Ramon Sessions in Milwaukee is 6'3 and is a true point guard in every sense of the word. He had a 24 assist game and the last 10 games played lights out for them.

Pietrus is a 6'7 shooting guard that plays D and hits the 3 with good consistency.

I feel Otis needs to pursue Nick Collison hard in the offseason. Maybe offer Bogans, Redick and an 09 first rounder.

Finally in the draft we should look at Dorsey, Rush, CDR, Hardin and Ibaka. All defensive players at their positions.

Analysis on my points:

1- TEMPO WAS DICTATED BY PISTONS IN SECOND HALF

2- FOUL TROUBLE WAS NOT AN ISSUE

3- REBOUNDING NIGHTMARE, MCDYESS HAD 14 REBOUNDS INCLUDING A GAME WINNER REBOUND

So, we lost naturally. However, we can always come back and win this series if only the players get in the mind set of winners and be smart and aggressive.

MA

quote:
Originally posted by ma:

Here are the keys for Magic win tonight in order of importance:

1- TEMPO

2- NO FOUL TROUBLE FOR HEDO AND DWIGHT

3- REBOUNDING

I expect a close contest tonight with or without Billups, and Magic will win if the above 3 happens.

MA

quote:

True, but I think Det should be very happy with the way this game & series has been officiated, and I'm not referencing the infamous shot clock fiasco.

I don't knock the Pistons for how they are playing at all. I'd like to see more of it from Orlando. But, the Piston's hack in the paint all game long, and most of it slides. Orlando's a finesse team, so any time there's contact, it stands out, and gets called.

Aggressive teams understand when you consistently put the pressure on the refs to make calls in the NBA, you will wear them down over the course of a game & series. This is why finesse teams don't win rings in the NBA.

quote:
Originally posted by Sinister_Grin:

Next season if we could acquire the right pieces so that we could bring Jameer and Turk off the bench we would be set.

In my mind, this would be ideal, and would have been both ideal, and very doable this season.

I think more fans are starting to understand the frustration others of us have had about personell decisions the past year. This team is very close right now, a key player or two would have put us right there with Detroit and Boston this year and we wouldn't have to talk about next year. With the amount of assets we've seen this organization squander in the past year, it's even more frustrating.

We've lost 4 games in the playoffs and been outrebounded in 3 of those games. It's not a coincidence and we're fortunate we drew one of the worst rebounding teams in the entire league in the first round.

Good defensive teams don't routinely lose double digit leads in the playoffs. It just doesn't happen. We've rebounded from losing those deficits more times than not, but when you constantly play with fire...opponents steal key games like this that swing a series and send you fishin...

quote:
Originally posted by KING of DARK:

Good game!

Same, assuming you guys close this out, I hope Billups is back at full strength for the ECF's. I'd hate to see Boston/Cleveland reach the finals by default.