Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

New General Manager?

This draft was and is known to be the strongest draft in the last decade...and you just gave up a high #1 for a underachiever which you will strap your team to pay or he walks (most likely). Then youve traded for carlos. It would sure be nice to have an extra 8 million of cap space this summer though. AND BTW Darko may have loads of potential but he isnt even worth a late first playing for brian hill. Would you like to pay him a fat 6 year 60 million contract this off season and see another John Ameche or endless pat garrity contract?

quote:
Originally posted by CRAZY SERB:

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:
you guys forget that he made some bad moves too like overpaying battie or sleeping at the deadline.

I guess you forget Battie's value. We were 4-12 without him. He adds leadership and good chemistry on this team. Overpaying Battie is basically going overboard. Many teams would die to acquire someone like Battie.

i never said that battie is useless but he definitly IS overpaid. i mean a 4yr deal, 5$mill per year...for a +30yr old backup? come on...

nobody would have given him that much money, cleveland for example signed pollard for 2mill.

pollard is riding their bench. and its costs them 2 million?? Big men are overpaid.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Sleeping at the deadline? I'm pretty sure that if Otis didn't sleep on the deadline, our team would have no future anymore. Hedo, Darko and Ariza for VC???

read my post again...

It was the only reasonable deal that can be done. Any move to make our cap larger would cost us.

also, IIRC, pursuing a trade to acquire Ely for Bo and Travis doesn't mean falling asleep.

quote:
Originally posted by The Ghost of John Gabriel:

Bottom Line: This is a defining offseason for Otis and I'll reserve judgement until it's over. But, my criticism will be extremely harsh if the offseason ends with something along the lines of Mo Pete or Steve Blake as our major coup. Realistically, anything short of a MAX caliber FA has to be considered not only a disappointment, but a failure considering it has been the stated goal of this organization.

$ EVENTS THAT EFFECT US THIS SUMMER:

1)GARRITY 3,500,000-should have made him available in Charlotte expansion draft. Lost Pachulia (ouch) because of this. The team has indicated a desire to buy out Garrity and give him an office job. We shall see.

2)BOGANS 2,500,000- unnecessary acqusition, have Dooling, Redick, Turkoglu, Ariza, Nelson and GHill that can play the guard position. Bad mistake.

3)BATTIE Even though he was overpaid by approximately 2,000,000 a year, his salary is lowered to just 2,000,000(I'll take it) for 07-08 season to accommodate this summer's planned acquisition of a major free agent.

4)MILICIC- Should have signed a contract extention last year. Any additional money required to sign him this summer will negatively effect the goal.

Expect plenty of spin this summer after the signings.