Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Otis can you finally see the holes in the team now?

We should have geared the team to match up with detroit. Jameer is useless against chauncey. We have no big bodies and detroit has a bunch to rough up dwight. Without dwight we have no rebounding, shot blocking or interior defense. Our back court is a turn style to the interior. You paid a 5'10" guy more than a 22 yr old 7 footer. You sat on 13 million of expirings and had no power forward then let it expire saying you liked a team without a power forward....You traded a defensive stopper for 2 mediocre guys...granted trevor got hurt. Do you finally get it? This is the second go round...you need bigs if you want to beat the pistons (in the back court and the front)...please someone wake otis up!

We should have geared the team to match up with detroit. Jameer is useless against chauncey. We have no big bodies and detroit has a bunch to rough up dwight. Without dwight we have no rebounding, shot blocking or interior defense. Our back court is a turn style to the interior. You paid a 5'10" guy more than a 22 yr old 7 footer. You sat on 13 million of expirings and had no power forward then let it expire saying you liked a team without a power forward....You traded a defensive stopper for 2 mediocre guys...granted trevor got hurt. Do you finally get it? This is the second go round...you need bigs if you want to beat the pistons (in the back court and the front)...please someone wake otis up!

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

You traded a defensive stopper for 2 mediocre guys...granted trevor got hurt.

It doesn't get much better than this.

Hole # 1:

Jameer vs Billups

Hole # 2:

Rashard vs any Piston player 20 pounds heavier than him

Hole # 3:

Howard's limited offensive moves vs Rasheed/Maxiell's defense

Hole # 4:

Hedo's regression into the player he's always been since he came into the league

Hole # 5:

No talented Magic SG vs Hamilton

Hole # 6:

No talented Magic PF/Reserve C vs Maxiell

One game and all the doubters are ready to make their case. Look at Atlanta. We lost and we lost bad, but there is no reason to give up. SAC, you've gone in about five threads and written the same thing.

So a 40-42 team that barely made it to the playoffs needed to concentrate on how to play Detroit in the playoffs. That's an absurd argument. This team needed to get better to be in a better position to go into the playoffs and we've done that.

Let's see how this series plays out before we rush to judgement.

I see two scenarios playing out.

1. We play them hard and win or lose a close series. If that is the case, minor adjustments for next season such as bringing another big to play back up PF along with a developing Gortat and Batie.

2. We have a repeat of game one for the next three games. If that is the case, them maybe we need to change course. But be ready to say goodbye to Hedo because he is the only tradeable asset that gets us a quality big that lets us move Rashard to his natural position.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

One game and all the doubters are ready to make their case. Look at Atlanta. We lost and we lost bad, but there is no reason to give up. SAC, you've gone in about five threads and written the same thing.

So a 40-42 team that barely made it to the playoffs needed to concentrate on how to play Detroit in the playoffs. That's an absurd argument. This team needed to get better to be in a better position to go into the playoffs and we've done that.

1. We play them hard and win or lose a close series. If that is the case, minor adjustments for next season such as bringing another big to play back up PF along with a developing Gortat and Batie.

2. We have a repeat of game one for the next three games. If that is the case, them maybe we need to change course. But be ready to say goodbye to Hedo because he is the only tradeable asset that gets us a quality big that lets us move Rashard to his natural position.

congrats on your 1000 post

quote:

My question is, who would we get for Hedo, like what good big? I personally have us winning it all when Shard can be our go to scorer at the 3 and we have a defense PF like Haslem.

Obviously we could get somebody better than Haslem with Hedo now, but that is why I ask... who?

quote:

One game and all the doubters are ready to make their case.

I agree that it's comical how dramatic people flip flop over one game during the playoffs, but there's no denying that our weaknesses were on full display tonight across the board.

I will add that watching tonights game brought up many of the frustrations I've had with Otis' roster building for the past 2 years. It's been obvious to me that Otis doesn't feel this is a team ready to contend. But, I fear that was a self fulfilling prophecy as well.

quote:

Which would be fine if everybody, including Bianchi for God sake, didn't rush to judgement and hand Otis the GM of the year award for the next decade just because we beat the Raptors in the first round.

quote:

e=mc2

F=ma

Hedo= PF+PG+SG

L=O=L

I think this board is hilarious. Yes, we have problems. IMHO, our game plan was way too slow, along with other obvious things.

However, gotta love the woulda, coulda, shoulda talk. Hey at least SVG proved the falsity of some of that argument by playing JJ last night. Boy did he make a difference.

Here's to Trevor, Darko, Travis, Chauncey, Drew, Ben, Corey, Tracy, Grant, Carlos, James and many others that we should have had (our played) on our team to help us win last night had our management not been so inept through the years [smiles the all-knowing fan].