Sign in to follow this  
Knappy

Jameer and the Magic

quote:
Originally posted by jack daniel 999:

Aha the Knappster returns...

how were your travels ...

I saw you here and there at other sites but you didn't stay to long...

I hope your here to stay and give us your input...JD

BTW...I hit it 52-30 prediction from the beginning.

We were in the minority big time - I thought the 50 win prediction was a no brainer - all we had to do was get rid of BHill. Many had the Magic winning 45 games, 42 games and many even less than that.

Rashard, a nice pick up.

I expected more out of Jameer, but he maybe coming around, we'll have to see.

I like Turk's play and thought he would be solid, but I didn't think he would be a go to guy the end of the games - I'll admit I was wrong thinking he couldn't be clutch in the stretch - he has gotten a lot better this year and running the offense through Turk at times has been working - I didn't think it would - I thought Turk would be solid, but I didn't think he was a last minute option - I saw him more as an important role player that needed to score, but I didn't want him making last minute decisions with the game on the line - now I think he is a legitimate last minute option as are Rashard and Jameer.

quote:
Originally posted by sourcreamboy93:

I agree that jameer would b a very solid backup, but quite frankly unless he can develop into an elite playmaker, he should not be our starter.Our team would be so much better with a PASS FIRST point guard that could shoot but @ the same time rack up 7-8 assists per game, without turning the ball over much. That would boost our offense even more than it already is. Elite guards like CP3, deron williams, and steve nash eat us alive, because they can get any shot that they want for there team. The only problem is we r going to have to give up something to get this essential piece. Its frustrating bc management thinks that jameer is this amazing point guard and will b our PG 4 years to come. Not smart, but o well. Maybe a light will come on in Otis' head. Fingers crossed.

I think Jameer's assists will go up if he scores more - he has been too passive when it comes to scoring and often too passive altogether. He has a lot of talent - we just haven't seen him play up to his potential - I expected more out of him this year. He could step up at anytime and if he plays well and the Magic get by the Pistons it would be huge for Jameer and for this team.

Jameer has potential to get his head on right, but one series doesn't make me a believer that he has his head on right. I have no doubt in his ability to play the game - now we just need to see it.

I think Dwight has a lot of upside, but we did see another big improvement over last year. We saw a big improvement with Turk over last year. And, Rashard he didn't even score for us last year. Bogans improved greatly.

Jameer still has huge upside - I agree it hasn't been shown yet and I think he is capable of a lot more than what he did against Toronto, but I was pleased with his play.

Gortat - interesting - anyone see how fast he can run? It will be interesting to see what Stan does with him next year.

I understand that he has talent, everyone in the NBA has talent. Ill give him a year or 2 but undertand he is already 27-28. He doesnt want be aggressive and drive then dish it out(exception game 1). Hell drive halfway and pull up 4 the jumper or shoot 3s. He cant have 3 assists and 3 turnovers(game 5 stats) even if he has 19 points. If that game were in toronto, we would have been beat. He is good dont get me wrong but he isnt starting PG material for a championship contending team. Do see wat im saying?

quote:

I understand that he has talent, everyone in the NBA has talent. Ill give him a year or 2 but undertand he is already 27-28. He doesnt want be aggressive and drive then dish it out(exception game 1). Hell drive halfway and pull up 4 the jumper or shoot 3s. He cant have 3 assists and 3 turnovers(game 5 stats) even if he has 19 points. If that game were in toronto, we would have been beat. He is good dont get me wrong but he isnt starting PG material for a championship contending team. Do see wat im saying?

Jameer turned 26 in Feb.

Actually hes 26, and theres been a lot of guards that develop at that age or older and have success. Chauncy Billups was 28 when he won the finals MVP. Is Jameer comparable to Billups, no. But at 26, 27 years old, hes actually entering his prime. I think this postseason is critical to his development and what we can expect from him in the future.

And I disagree that we would have lost game 5 in Toronto, we beat them solid in game 4 in Toronto and Jameers 4th qtr was a big part of that, along with Lewis's great play.

I just think the jury is still out.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

Actually hes 26, and theres been a lot of guards that develop at that age or older and have success. Chauncy Billups was 28 when he won the finals MVP. Is Jameer comparable to Billups, no. But at 26, 27 years old, hes actually entering his prime. I think this postseason is critical to his development and what we can expect from him in the future.

And I disagree that we would have lost game 5 in Toronto, we beat them solid in game 4 in Toronto and Jameers 4th qtr was a big part of that, along with Lewis's great play.

Sorry i didnt know he was that young.....The point is we cant rely on just getting dwight or Turk the ball and asking them to create. Turk does a much better job creating than jameer. I just wish that he would create more 4 his teamates.

quote:

quote:

Sorry i didnt know he was that young.....The point is we cant rely on just getting dwight or Turk the ball and asking them to create. Turk does a much better job creating than jameer. I just wish that he would create more 4 his teamates.

Well unlike a lot of teams with elite guards, our offense is predicated on more of a "team assists" mentality. Unlike a lot of teams we have two, three, sometimes even four playmakers.

I dont mind that really, I like ball movement and I just chalk it up that we have an abundance of playmakers and to me thats always good.

I just dont think you need 11 assists a game from your PG to win a championship, just someone that can set a tone early, play decent defense and make a timely shot. All aspects that Jameer is steadily getting better at

His assists this year was 5.6 up almost 1.5 from last year. His turnovers went from 2.4 to 2, his defense is IMO better than its ever been. His shots are down but his FG% is up. Hes slowly progressing and this team is in a good position to advance nicely in the playoffs.

Hes getting there, I have no problems with him running this team the way he responded to the challenge against Toronto's PG's

quote:

His assists this year was 5.6 up almost 1.5 from last year. His turnovers went from 2.4 to 2, his defense is IMO better than its ever been. His shots are down but his FG% is up. Hes slowly progressing and this team is in a good position to advance nicely in the playoffs.

Hes getting there, I have no problems with him running this team the way he responded to the challenge against Toronto's PG's

They could be much more thant that with HEdo's improved game , D12 as well is improving and of course the new addition in R. Lewis