Sign in to follow this  
bro

would Grant Hill be pleased to be coached by SVG?

quote:
Originally posted by bro:

I really wonder if SVG was the coach when Grant was here, would he(Grant)be more effective?..Because SVG is Grant's style.

Grant believed that he needed to play elsewhere to win a championship.

Let's say Phoenix loses in the first round (they play the Spurs) and we advance. Grant Hill is a free agent after this season...he can play anywhere he wants.

Most of us know we are close to being a championship contender w/a coach that can deliver and Grant should know this as well.

Will Grant be knocking on our door? Would we say I'm sorry, Grant?

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

I really wonder if SVG was the coach when Grant was here, would he(Grant)be more effective?..Because SVG is Grant's style.

Grant believed that he needed to play elsewhere to win a championship.

Let's say Phoenix loses in the first round (they play the Spurs) and we advance. Grant Hill is a free agent after this season...he can play anywhere he wants.

Most of us know we are close to being a championship contender w/a coach that can deliver and Grant should know this as well.

Will Grant be knocking on our door? Would we say I'm sorry, Grant?

At this stage in his career. I'll take Mo Evans.

I think some genius on this board was pretty adament about the fact the Magic part ways with Grant this past offseason. The fact it was his decision combined with some of his comments don't endear him to me, but I'm no less glad he's gone.

Theoretically, this system was made for Grant, and he would be playing too much of Hedo's role. I think Grant would have stood in the way of Hedo's development. Realistically, Grant is not the finisher, or play maker he once was. He's still outstanding on the break, but his half court game has fallen down tremendously the past few years.

As others have said in numerous threads, justice will be the Magic advancing further than Grant in the playoffs.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I think some genius on this board was pretty adament about the fact the Magic part ways with Grant this past offseason.

I am not a genious, but I did say that we should part with Grant Hill. I based that on Grant being prone to injury and him standing in the way of Ariza, and Redick's playing time.

Evans will be looking at 2.5m as a back up and Grant Hill, after the league pays .8m of his salary would be costing Orlando .5m.

For the record, I have changed my opinion of Gortat after seeing him play yesterday. I was impressed with his ability to get a grip on the ball. Great hands for a big guy! I believe he will help this team considerably in the near future.

I apologize for saying anything that remotely suggests this guy should ever return to Orlando...even it were for free.

READ:

Hill relishing Suns' shot at glory

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/04/18/20080418suns0418.html

quote:
"I don't have too many more chances," said Hill, who plans to return to Phoenix next season for his contract's option year. "This is fun. This is why I came here in the off-season. All the stuff up until now really means nothing. A chance for a championship, that's what it's really about.

"It's fun to be on a great team. It's even better to be on a championship team."

Hill knows title play.

quote:

I apologize for saying anything that remotely suggests this guy should ever return to Orlando...even it were for free.

READ:

quote:
"I don't have too many more chances," said Hill, who plans to return to Phoenix next season for his contract's option year. "This is fun. This is why I came here in the off-season. All the stuff up until now really means nothing. A chance for a championship, that's what it's really about.

Wow... thanks Solution. I was kind of on the fence about Hill, regarding how to feel about his success with Phoenix, this really pushes me off the fence and into the 'Hill's a jerk' crowd.

Hard to have a talented team when you are paying a guy so much money to sit on the bench.

Here is my favorite quote from that article;

quote:
It has been nine years since Hill played in a postseason victory. He has never been on a team that won a first-round series, losing deciding Game 5s to Atlanta in 1997 and 1999.

His lack of playoff success has everything to do with misfortune. His health denied him opportunities. His teams' talent levels made for long odds.

I wonder how it's going to make him feel when the Suns get bounced in the first round and he gets to watch Orlando on his nice HDTV.

Edit: If that happens, the Magic should send him some tickets to Magic home games for round two.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

READ:

quote:

Wow... thanks Solution. I was kind of on the fence about Hill, regarding how to feel about his success with Phoenix, this really pushes me off the fence and into the 'Hill's a jerk' crowd.

Hard to have a talented team when you are paying a guy so much money to sit on the bench.

quote:
It has been nine years since Hill played in a postseason victory. He has never been on a team that won a first-round series, losing deciding Game 5s to Atlanta in 1997 and 1999.

His lack of playoff success has everything to do with misfortune. His health denied him opportunities. His teams' talent levels made for long odds.

I wonder how it's going to make him feel when the Suns get bounced in the first round and he gets to watch Orlando on his nice HDTV.

Edit: If that happens, the Magic should send him some tickets to Magic home games for round two.

Ha ha.... I have already fetched him some tickets guys but that was all I could afford... would any of you buy him some beer?

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ha ha.... I have already fetched him some tickets guys but that was all I could afford... would any of you buy him some beer?

I would pitch in for the beer... Someone should create a website for this and see if it gets any exposure. Wouldn't it be great to see Grant being asked about it after the Suns drop out of the playoffs?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I would pitch in for the beer... Someone should create a website for this and see if it gets any exposure. Wouldn't it be great to see Grant being asked about it after the Suns drop out of the playoffs?

Yeah why not?How about his seat?where should we seat him? Bench again?He is used to that you know..

Ouch... Maybe close enough to the bench that he almost feels like he is back on a winning team, a team that is still in the playoffs, trying their best to get to the finals.