Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Great News! Peter Vescey says Otis is "lying" about ESPN article(New York Post)

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Are there still any members of this board that wish to support Brian Hill on this board? Where are all the posters that were calling me crazy 20 games into the season when I recognized a destructive pattern occurring that I predicted would lead to the downfall of this season's team? Soccergal, are you out there anywhere?

LOL, I thought you were crazy 20 games into the season although I don't think I really got into the debate with you. It was a different situation then. The Magic were leading their division even though they werent playing particularly well. With the team that we had and the way we started I didn't see how we could justify firing Hill. I didn't think he would be the longterm coach but I thought he was doing ok. Obviously things have changed that aren't just limited to our record. Obvious lineups that don't work, very limited offense, refusal to play the younger players and all the other stuff that has been discussed over and over again. The current Hill regime has also reminded me of things that Hill did before that I had forgotton about like his insistence on starting Skiles after we drafted Penny.

Some new guy posted yesterday that he was a Brian Hill supporter. He was the first one I've seen since Soccercal and that was 2 months ago I think.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I think Dwight is smart enough to understand how this works. I have never seen a GM say publicly that a coach will not return next season without that coach being fired immediately.

Fair enough that makes sense but do you need to announce that he will be back next year? You can even say that he is doing a great job and we are behind him 100% without saying that.

Otis is really good at dodging questions so he probably could. I suppose it would depend on the questions that he is being asked. If the reporters are repeatedly asking him if Hill will be back next season Otis might eventually crack and say yes he is just to get them off his back. From what I've read in the past Otis and Dwight have a very good relationship. I really don't think that there is any doubts what the other person is thinking. Especially since Dwight sees Otis everyday on the team plane and at practices which is alot different from most GMs.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

LOL, I thought you were crazy 20 games into the season although I don't think I really got into the debate with you. It was a different situation then. The Magic were leading their division even though they werent playing particularly well. With the team that we had and the way we started I didn't see how we could justify firing Hill. I didn't think he would be the longterm coach but I thought he was doing ok. Obviously things have changed that aren't just limited to our record. Obvious lineups that don't work, very limited offense, refusal to play the younger players and all the other stuff that has been discussed over and over again. The current Hill regime has also reminded me of things that Hill did before that I had forgotton about like his insistence on starting Skiles after we drafted Penny.

Some new guy posted yesterday that he was a Brian Hill supporter. He was the first one I've seen since Soccercal and that was 2 months ago I think.

I'm not trying to start an "I told you so" thread, but I took a beating back then and was punished repeatedly for being such a pessimist.

IMO, not much has changed with the team since then except our record. Even Grant Hill admitted yesterday that the team overachieved during the first month of the season.

Hill's insistence on playing the veterans, lack of a meaningful offensive gameplan, absence of a comprehensible rotation, inability to motivate our players, etc, etc, etc, were evident then and are even more pronounced now that it has occurred continuously while our team has struggled tremendously.