Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

FANS GAME THREAD***MAGIC VS SPURS...We Lose...98-74

quote:
Originally posted by DarkoHero:

My question is why are the starters still playing? If DH gets hurt B Hill will probably get killed by some crazy fan.

BHill's way of punishing his players. After tomorrow we have to go 13-8 to be at 500. I hope we keep losing, it's the only way to get rid of the bumb we have as a coach. I love my team though so it hutrs but something has to give. **** detroit just came back fromm 22 down to take the lead.

Way to go BHill, let's set JJ up for failure. If I recall, he wasn't being used in his ACTUAL position, but a small forward??? This makes no sense unless you're just trying to kill a kid's confidence. Why have Dooling and JJ on the floor at the same time unless you've got Dooling at point? Just plain ignorant.

I just loved Diener's minutes tonight. I just loved how Hill brought Carlos in when the game was blown out. And Dallas tomorrow night...omg. If Hill doesn't start utilizing all his bench & if his players were tired tonight, just think how they will be in & if they make the playoffs.

That Bogans, JJ, Dooling lineup made no sense to me. I didn't pay attention, I thought Bogans was the SF. It was JJ?? What the hell kind of coaching is that anyway? I mean, JJ weighs 180 lbs soaking wet I think.

We shouldn't of played our starters so long, and it was that much more dissappointing that Detroit found a way to stumble against Miami. Thanks for nothing, guys.

The only real good news out of this was Hedo snapping out of his funk, at least for one game. Why is it Hedo and Jameer instantly play better when there's no Grant Hill!? It drives me nuts how these guys can't play well together... or at least they haven't it many many weeks.

I dunno, I'll just be happy when the Dallas game is over. Than the quote unquote "easy" part of the Magic season begins. Yeah, we'll see.

Can anyone tell me why B. Hill is still our coach? Why do we have a 15 pt defecit...make a run..bring it to within 6 or 7,and then allow a team to go on a 9-0 without calling a T.O.? The bench was used to its WORST capability. Boggles my mind. I cant wait to they come home so i can BOOOOOOO B. Hill unmercifully! Nothing like going from a Number 1 seed at the beginning of the season to being eligible for a top 10 pick.

I actually think we learned a little about ourselves tonight and gained some much needed momentum on this road trip. KGJAPOGIAGOIESMGOSHJWEIOHP. FIRE BRIAN HILL! MAKE SIGNS, MAKE SHIRTS, MAKE IT KNOWN HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED AT THE NEXT HOME GAME!

quote:
Originally posted by Suquito:

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

quote:
Originally posted by Suquito:

blah blah blah

Carlos isnt effective tonight, not my fault.

Not watching the game, but is anybody effective out there...let's be real. By the game channel the only effective player is Hedo and Jameer somewhat.

Man for Carlos being a roll player you guys expect a whole lot from his 15 mins he has been getting per game. At least he has not turned the ball over in the last two games. What I am still not understanding is how the coach does not get that the second unit needs a credible 3pt threat on the court. I think JJ can do it, yes Dooling is better on D but he is another slasher that just further clogs the paint. Dooling should have been traded and JJ should be getting his minutes. Back to Carlos, I think there is so much Carlos/Jameer in the air that people expect him to score in double figures every night in 15 mins. If he could do that he would be starting. Lets face it, Carlos is not a superstar and cannot carry the second unit alone. We need JJ to bench Dooling pretty bad. I know Carlos loves it here in Orlando, but this is the worst place in the world for him to play, Otis is bent on Jameer being a core player when he is mediocre and many fans are bent on Carlos starting. I would personally start Carlos at this point, the first unit needs a distributor and the second unit needs a scorer. I know most will disagree but it is true, Jameer has turned into a turnover machine that can burst out and score 10 pts in any quarter and Carlos does not have anyone to pass the ball to and cannot score like Jameer. Looks like if their roles were reversed the team would be better. However, Jameer should always be on the court to finish the games.

SAN ANTONIO -- The last time they met, Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard flew in for a mighty game-winner over Tim Duncan, a last-second alley-oop heard 'round the NBA.

Duncan and the San Antonio Spurs, though, drained the drama out of the rematch Friday night in a 98-74 rout of the Magic at AT&T Center, silencing the visitors with a fourth-quarter knockout and holding them to a season low for points.

This time, Howard suffered the indignity of missing a dunk at point-blank range early in the game. He finished with just nine points -- only two in the second half -- and nine rebounds, inflicting most of his damage to the rim on the ill-fated jam.

He sheepishly snapped the collapsible rim back into place.

If only fixing the Magic (28-32) were that simple.

They lost for the sixth time in seven games and lost more ground in the playoff chase.

The Magic are still No. 9, but lost a half-game to the No. 8 (and idle) New Jersey Nets (28-30) and a full game to the No. 7 Miami Heat (29-29), who beat the Detroit Pistons.

"If we don't get our focus back, we can say goodbye to the playoffs," point guard Carlos Arroyo said.

Incredibly, it gets even harder tonight: The Magic finish their Texas two-step against the Dallas Mavericks, who have a 14-game winning streak and the league's best record.

Guard Manu Ginobili scored a game-high 31 points -- nailing six 3-pointers -- and led a bevy of Spurs who responded with big buckets to blunt Magic rallies in the third before pouring it on in the fourth.

Duncan had 19 points and 10 rebounds as San Antonio improved to 40-18.

Hedo Turkoglu led the Magic with 22 points, hitting seven of eight shots. Jameer Nelson added 18 on 8-of-15 shooting.

Howard, who had been on a tear through the past month, was roughed up and often double-teamed. Darko Milicic never got into a flow, finishing with six points.

Turnovers undermined the Magic's effort again, especially early. They committed 18 that the Spurs converted into 23 points.

The Magic, missing shooting guard Grant Hill's 14.5 points per game, scored a season-low 74 points. The previous season-low was 78, recorded twice and as recently as Feb. 10 against the Nets. It came a night after Howard's game-winning dunk in a 106-104 victory against the Spurs completed a comeback from an 18-point deficit.

Hill was examined at Duke Medical Center on Friday. It was determined, according to the Magic, that he has been experiencing nothing more than arthritic pain in his left foot. Hill is expected to rejoin the club today in Dallas, but likely will not play against the Mavs.

The Magic cut a 15-point lead to eight to begin the final quarter, but there would be no comeback this time. The Spurs blitzed them 15-3 in about three minutes to lead 80-60. They outscored the Magic 33-17 in the fourth, hitting 11 of 19 shots (57.9 percent).

"We were down by eight points after three quarters, and I felt pretty good," Coach Brian Hill said. "Eight turned into 20 really fast. When you're down by 20, you can't really do too much."

Ginobili scored nine points in the run, and the Magic committed three turnovers and missed three of four shots.

"We know Ginobili," Arroyo said. "We have to be a little more aggressive. We're not doing that now."

Brian Hill said he thought the Spurs were giving the Magic a "payback" for the loss in Orlando.

Consider it paid in full.

Brian Schmitz can be reached at bschmitz@orlandosentinel.com.