Sign in to follow this  
Jameera Nelshon

The Magic need Arroyo to play more

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Good luck Mr. Charisma. I gave up on these posters a while ago. I put one of them on my ignore list (now a whopping 1 person long), but now it seems like alex30 is just becoming his clone.

Actually, I'm not so sure it's not the same person.

When someone in the world of the internet has problems getting anyone to see the world as they see it, they simply create alternate identities to make it appear as though their stance is supported.

I don't know that this is the case here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm not really upset with him, but I would simply like to know how he defines "hater" since he is so willing to throw that term around.

alex30 is good people. He is a fan of Arroyo, but honestly, I have read most all of his posts and have had good debate with him and I wouldnt catagorize him with the more fringe posters. From what Ive seen and the debates ive had with him, he is a Magic fan first.

We may all have posts that come off wrong or even odd, but ill vouch for him as a guy who wants the best for the team.

quote:
Originally posted by Natmayo:

alex30 is good people. He is a fan of Arroyo, but honestly, I have read most all of his posts and have had good debate with him and I wouldnt catagorize him with the more fringe posters. From what Ive seen and the debates ive had with him, he is a Magic fan first.

We may all have posts that come off wrong or even odd, but ill vouch for him as a guy who wants the best for the team.

I am in no way attacking his character as a person.

I am simply asking what he means when he (or others) keep labeling folks as "haters" when they happen to believe that Arroyo is the 3rd best PG.

Our conversations have always been civil, even when we disagreed, so I agree with you.

I'm just asking for someone to define that term to me, because it seems to be the most commonly used term on these forums.

Kind of like the term "respect". I gets thrown around in the sports arena so much anymore, that I no longer have a clue as to what defines "respect".

Hey Mr Charisma, this is my view of the whole hater thing.

The guys before were actually making a valid argument about the situation if they liked one player or the other and why. The guy he called a hater just took seriously the sarcasm thrown around about BHills rotations and did no argument on nothing, just said royo was were he need to be.

actually this is the quote:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicWinMagicWin:

Brian Hills rotations were good? Are you serious? Were they only good because Carlos was playing? I figured. Carlos is sitting where he will be the rest of the season, at the end of the bench.

So you see, no argument on one or the other, is knowed the he must like JN & KD just because of process of elimination. Makes no argument about why KD should be backup, or why CA shouldn't be backup or even see minutes.

Is like us saying, you know what, KD is overrated, he sucks and should be bench and see no playing time at all. Now tell me, right there im just hating, im not letting you or anybody else know the reasons for my opinions. You don't know the reasons, so there can't be a civil discussion about how we disagree or agree.

Im a leave it there, cuz if i keep on explaining im afraid i will loose you and myself on the explanation lol

IMO, Arroyo is a much better back up for PG position comparing Dooling.

Let me try to explain with my poor English:

Yes, Keyon is a better scorer & defender than Arroyo. On the other hand, what we need from our PGs is not "scoring". We already have enough scoring options, D12, Rashard, Hedo and even our SGs.

Keyon is forcing too many shots. If Dwight misses a shot, it's not the same when a PG misses a shot. When a PG misses a shot, it's usually paid by a fast-break point. Cause the first defence before the half-court is very important to prevent fastbreaks.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Charisma:

quote:

I am in no way attacking his character as a person.

I am simply asking what he means when he (or others) keep labeling folks as "haters" when they happen to believe that Arroyo is the 3rd best PG.

Our conversations have always been civil, even when we disagreed, so I agree with you.

I'm just asking for someone to define that term to me, because it seems to be the most commonly used term on these forums.

Kind of like the term "respect". I gets thrown around in the sports arena so much anymore, that I no longer have a clue as to what defines "respect".

I know you werent attacking him. As far as the use of "hater" its probably in reference to a post that doesnt give any real substancial facts to back up why a person doesnt think a player should be on the floor, so he and others will use the "hater" adjective on that type of poster. Whether its justified, I guess thats up to the person using the word.

Maybe it shouldnt be used as much or at all, and If theres a post that I dont see any value in, I usually ignore it as opposed to commenting on it. Id rather debate with ones who I believe have something rational to say, even if i disagree with their comment.

quote:

[As far as the use of "hater" its probably in reference to a post that doesnt give any real substancial facts to back up why a person doesnt think a player should be on the floor, so he and others will use the "hater" adjective on that type of poster. Whether its justified, I guess thats up to the person using the word.

Very nice !!! That definition makes sense. First time I've ever had anyone try to define it (this isn't the first time I've asked this from someone, and they always just go away and hide, or ignore it).

Hopefully Alex can affirm if that was is his position also. Truthfully, he may have even been joking when he called him a hater, too.

quote:

quote:

[As far as the use of "hater" its probably in reference to a post that doesnt give any real substancial facts to back up why a person doesnt think a player should be on the floor, so he and others will use the "hater" adjective on that type of poster. Whether its justified, I guess thats up to the person using the word.

Very nice !!! That definition makes sense. First time I've ever had anyone try to define it (this isn't the first time I've asked this from someone, and they always just go away and hide, or ignore it).

Hopefully Alex can affirm if that was is his position also. Truthfully, he may have even been joking when he called him a hater, too.

Well he did have LMAO after his comment, so my thought is he was joking

HATE:

Hatred is an emotion of intense revulsion, distaste, enmity, or antipathy for a person or thing, generally attributed to a desire to avoid, restrict, remove, or destroy the hated object. Hate can be based on fear of a person or thing (past or present), fear of negative consequences of dealing with the hated thing.

According to evolutionary psychologists, hate is a reaction to people whose interests consistently conflict with one's own.

The passions of hate arise from several features of our thinking process. These include a desire to strengthen our community and to alleviate our fear.(example, ethnocentrism)

However, hatred in modern life is frequently unrelated to survival or self-defense. People are capable of hating others for any particular reason, people with different political and religious views, different lifestyles, and fans of opposing sports teams, to name but a few.Also, the feelings of hate can arise unexpectedly.

Hate is an irrational emotion! Reason and/or intelligence (or even education) can't prevent it!

quote:

quote:

You see, thats exsactly what i was trying to say on my previous post. to the dots on top of the i's! LMAO

Good explanation, better than mine, less words, less confusing! lol

quote:
Originally posted by Big J:

quote:

quote:

You see, thats exsactly what i was trying to say on my previous post. to the dots on top of the i's! LMAO

Good explanation, better than mine, less words, less confusing! lol

My apologies, Big J (and Carlos Darwin also).

I did not see your responses.

Carlos Darwin, I understand the term 'hate' relevant to the English language, but the internet has it's own language and my point was asking if the "hater" term had any special connotation in this type of forum. Thanks for responding to my question, though.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Good luck Mr. Charisma. I gave up on these posters a while ago. I put one of them on my ignore list (now a whopping 1 person long), but now it seems like alex30 is just becoming his clone.

Actually, I'm not so sure it's not the same person.

When someone in the world of the internet has problems getting anyone to see the world as they see it, they simply create alternate identities to make it appear as though their stance is supported.

I don't know that this is the case here, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm not really upset with him, but I would simply like to know how he defines "hater" since he is so willing to throw that term around.

Wow i cant believe you guys actually got mad at that i never ment that to get anyone mad,second i believe my post says lmao after meaning i was kidding,alsowhen you say about any person not only sports but for example,this guy failed the test of math now he is in the back of the class where he deserves to be at,no matter how you look at it there is hatred involve cuz if you dont like something about a person you shouldnt even mentioned,should keep it to yourself.also what bothers me is the same people that talk crap about arroyo when their favorite player is doing bad they wont even post anything that rigth there my friend falls under hatred.people that actually take time to read my post like natmayo know i just want the team to win and he has witness that when arroyo is in the floor and does something wrong im the first one that talks crap about him,people need to understand that im a fan of arroyo cuz im puertorican and proud of what he has done and also cuz i play ball with him from elementary school unto junior high.now that doesnt mean because of all of this i choose arroyo over the team,i had say this so many times that im tired of repeating my self.like echo said he has someone in the ignore list i just migth have to do that also sad to say cuz i though we all adults here that can debate without getting their feelings hurt.and to finish whoever that dont like what i say just ignore it or put me in your ignore list i can care less.