Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

REAL interesting stats:

the magic have won 8 out of their last 10 games...by an average margin of 18 points!

out of the last 10 games, they are averaging 108.2 ppg.

their opponents are averaging 96.6 ppg.

....#2 seed possible?

19 games left(7 playoff teams-2 against cleveland)

only one back-to-back against playoff team(washington-last game of season)

only 5 games back...

DETROIT:

last 10...

6-4 record. 96.6 ppg--opponents 92.8 ppg

21 games left(14 against playoff teams)

----------------------------------------

of our last 19 games, i think we could honestly go 15-4. that would include a loss to san antonio, one to cleveland(although i think we will win both), and then two more games beyond that.

detroit plays cleveland 3 more times, they play san antonio, denver, new orleans, toronto twice, phoenix, and washington/philly twice.

i think that both toronto and philly can beat them on their home floor, especially since detroits not looking like they did mid-season. i expect detroit to be slightly better than .500 against the western teams. i really see making up 5 games against them.

they could conceivably go 5-5 in their next 10 games alone looking at their schedule:

@ NY Knicks W

Chicago W

PhiladelphiaW

San Antonio L

New Orleans L

Denver W

@ Cleveland L

@ WashingtonW

Phoenix L

@ Toronto L

i dont think i am being unrealistic either. if we continue our .800 play of late, we will only be 2 games behind them by then, and they still would have to play 6 more games against playoff teams including in philly(we know that can be trouble) and against cleveland twice.

its possible. what do you think?

the magic have won 8 out of their last 10 games...by an average margin of 18 points!

out of the last 10 games, they are averaging 108.2 ppg.

their opponents are averaging 96.6 ppg.

....#2 seed possible?

19 games left(7 playoff teams-2 against cleveland)

only one back-to-back against playoff team(washington-last game of season)

only 5 games back...

DETROIT:

last 10...

6-4 record. 96.6 ppg--opponents 92.8 ppg

21 games left(14 against playoff teams)

----------------------------------------

of our last 19 games, i think we could honestly go 15-4. that would include a loss to san antonio, one to cleveland(although i think we will win both), and then two more games beyond that.

detroit plays cleveland 3 more times, they play san antonio, denver, new orleans, toronto twice, phoenix, and washington/philly twice.

i think that both toronto and philly can beat them on their home floor, especially since detroits not looking like they did mid-season. i expect detroit to be slightly better than .500 against the western teams. i really see making up 5 games against them.

they could conceivably go 5-5 in their next 10 games alone looking at their schedule:

@ NY Knicks W

Chicago W

PhiladelphiaW

San Antonio L

New Orleans L

Denver W

@ Cleveland L

@ WashingtonW

Phoenix L

@ Toronto L

i dont think i am being unrealistic either. if we continue our .800 play of late, we will only be 2 games behind them by then, and they still would have to play 6 more games against playoff teams including in philly(we know that can be trouble) and against cleveland twice.

its possible. what do you think?

It's certainly possible. I still think we'll probably lose around five of those games - at a guess, I'd put a circle around Denver and Toronto. Phoenix shouldn't give us a whole lot of trouble.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

It's certainly possible. I still think we'll probably lose around five of those games - at a guess, I'd put a circle around Denver and Toronto. Phoenix shouldn't give us a whole lot of trouble.

That's Detroit's schedule, not ours...

Our toughest games should be against the Spurs and Hornets.

by 'we' you mean detroit, right? we dont play phoenix or toronto. detroit does. that is their next 10 games.

ours are as follows:

Golden State W

Atlanta W

LA Clippers W

@ Miami W

Indiana W

Cleveland W

Washington W

Philadelphia W

@ Atlanta W ?

San Antonia L

i think we could go 9-1 through the next 10, but even if we lose another, we still will have made up ground on detroit.

even though chris paul WILL tear jameer and carlos a new one, i like how we match up against the hornets...i think that will be a win.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

even though chris paul WILL tear jameer and carlos a new one, i like how we match up against the hornets...i think that will be a win.

Could you explain why? Chandler is one of the few players who can handle D12 one on one & nuetralize him on the boards. West will eat us alive at PF & Paul will run circles around Jameer. I doubt there's too many teams we match up worse against.

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

Could you explain why? Chandler is one of the few players who can handle D12 one on one & nuetralize him on the boards. West will eat us alive at PF & Paul will run circles around Jameer. I doubt there's too many teams we match up worse against.

chandler is a good rebounder, but scores only single digits in points. he has long arms, but always gets out muscled by dwight when they play eachother(do you watch them play?)

david west is good, but out of his element guarding the perimeter. so even if he goes for 20, which isnt a given, it will be negated by the fact that he will give up atleast as much to shard, just like the last time(do you watch them play?)

yes, like i mentioned before, paul will tear our points a new one, but that happens to every team that plays the hornets, and they still lose games just like everyone else...we have a deeper team, although i am not discounting NO, i like them a lot...

if washington can beat them twice in a week, i am pretty sure we can handle them on our home court, especially since we are playing well right now.

advantage, orlando.

All year long we have lost to most of the teams we were suppose to lose against, with a few surprises along the way - like Boston & Detroit. The problem is and the main reason we are not near Boston right now is they don't lose to teams they shouldn't lose to (outside of a couple of hiccups). We have losses against Indiana, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Memphis, Sacramento, NJ, Charlotte, & Phily. Probably because Boston is veteran team and we are still young. A vet team doesn't show up against teams like those and expect to win, they go out and do it. We should be dominating those teams and is the reason we will be the 3 seed instead of the top seed.

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

All year long we have lost to most of the teams we were suppose to lose against, with a few surprises along the way - like Boston & Detroit. The problem is and the main reason we are not near Boston right now is they don't lose to teams they shouldn't lose to (outside of a couple of hiccups). We have losses against Indiana, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Memphis, Sacramento, NJ, Charlotte, & Phily. Probably because Boston is veteran team and we are still young. A vet team doesn't show up against teams like those and expect to win, they go out and do it. We should be dominating those teams and is the reason we will be the 3 seed instead of the top seed.

Check this out Chris...

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/5001093984

quote:
Originally posted by chrisinboston:

thats what i have been saying for a while...but when i said it, people torched me saying that those losses were to decent teams...

our past two losses two philly and toronto, despite the fact that they are decent teams, are the reason why we are not title contenders. we are a good team, but not a contender.