Sign in to follow this  
I love my PTSD.

Legends of the Game .. D12 and ....

The other night the Magic had a special on two neat miniature bobble heads. I bought one of each of the players.

It is the "Legends of the Game" collection, sanctioned by the Magic and the NBA.. There are two Magic players in the collection. They are Dwight Howard, and JJ Redick.

This is vey telling. As JJ Redick is sitting at the end of the bench he is generating huge profits for the Magic in jersey sales, memorabilia, and things like this little bobble head.

I am not saying that JJ should play, but I am saying that JJ is being used by the Magic in a way that is almost unethical.

It is one thing when fans are buying JJ jerseys, because it is their choice. But when JJ is included in a two person collection with Dwight, and the collection is labeled "Legends of the Game" it verges on pathetic.

Perhaps with JJ they are thinking about a legend like Sasquatch, a rarely seen monster.

By the way, my wife merrily took the JJ bobble head to her office to display because it is cute.

Go figure.

The other night the Magic had a special on two neat miniature bobble heads. I bought one of each of the players.

It is the "Legends of the Game" collection, sanctioned by the Magic and the NBA.. There are two Magic players in the collection. They are Dwight Howard, and JJ Redick.

This is vey telling. As JJ Redick is sitting at the end of the bench he is generating huge profits for the Magic in jersey sales, memorabilia, and things like this little bobble head.

I am not saying that JJ should play, but I am saying that JJ is being used by the Magic in a way that is almost unethical.

It is one thing when fans are buying JJ jerseys, because it is their choice. But when JJ is included in a two person collection with Dwight, and the collection is labeled "Legends of the Game" it verges on pathetic.

Perhaps with JJ they are thinking about a legend like Sasquatch, a rarely seen monster.

By the way, my wife merrily took the JJ bobble head to her office to display because it is cute.

Go figure.

quote:
Perhaps with JJ they are thinking about something a legend like Sasquatch, a rarely seen monster.

Now that is funny.

That is interesting, I wonder if they had that planned out well in advance of the season. That may explain why they had this give away.