Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

The "Bench Jameer" Thread.

Thanks naldo now i know at least one person got my point. I did not mentioned arroyo at all. It is about jameer and our other options when clearly he is not playing his best basketball. We have other options!!!! Whoever they are!!!!

Serviviente, I agree that Jameer should be benched. He obviously hasn't played well at all. That being said you were clearly lobbying for a particular player when you posted those stats. Oh I don't know...maybe Arroyo?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by OsoTommy:

I have the game on TiVO (TiVO= The best invention since men found fire!) and after watching the second and third quarter 3 times (I couldn't sleep) I noticed that Dwight, when Carlos Arroyo came into game, changed his game attitude drastically. He turned soft on his defense. Remember the stupid play were Calderon got a very high pick from Bosh? Well, Dwight was doing NOTHING to help allowing Calderon to penetrate all the way to the basket without being disturbed. This happened 3 times in a row, to what Coach Hill had to call a time out. Well, after the time out Dwight did the same and let him penetrate again all the way. I was in awe. What is going on? Now, shortly after Arroyo was benched and guess what... Next time they tried the same play Dwight left his man and help out on the defense stopping Calderon from penetrating. Big change in his whole attitude. I don't know if he was doing it purposely or if he just decided to wake up there but it certainly looked very fishy. I think this kid has gotten too much attention and he needs to be shaken a little bit. He needs to understand that no matter who his point guard is he needs to give 110% all the time. As a professional it's his responsibility. He's being paid for 110%, never less.

Oso, let me start by saying this is not an attack on you but how is Dwight supposed to help stop dribble penetration at the top of the key when his man is on the low block? Calderon was getting past the perimeter D (which has been bad for a while now) and hitting shooters on the perimeter and when Dwight was coming up on him he was hitting people in the mid range. If our big guys don't stay at home with their guy, then we will just get beat in a different way. Bottom line is our perimeter guys need to do a better job of keeping people out of the lane.

Calderon was smoking everyone last night except Keyon and he was giving him problems with his D when Keyon was on offense. It wasn't just Carlos that was getting beat, shoot Calderon looked so good I thought he should be playing over Ford. Not to go off topic but I haven't seen too much of Calderon but the games I have seen, I would say we should go after him.

Thanks Marc for your post, and I don't take it as personal. On the contrary, I like a mature discussion of any theme.

The situation as I recall was Bosh was setting a high pick right above the free throw arc. When Arroyo got the pick, Dwight (who was the one at the time defending Bosh) was not intercepting Calderon until Arroyo got out of the pick from Bosh, allowing him to penetrate several times in a row to the basket. Even the commentators mentioned his "soft defense"; as they called it. This happened several times I and I had no clue why. It's Ok the first time, but 4 times in a row and you (Dwight) still haven't make any adjustments? Now, as soon as Arroyo left the game and Calderon tried the same play against Jameer, Dwight immediately reacted and trapped Calderon giving time to Jameer to recover from the pick and they broke that play. It looked like if it took Jameer to be back in the game for him to react. I don't understand his reaction. It could have being just coincidence but even Dwight's body language when walking to the bench after the time out from B Hill to try to correct this was saying "I don't care". Weather he was pissed at Arroyo for what ever reason or if he was just pissed at that time with what ever, he allowed them to start a run that probably caused us the game since we were still ahead but after their run the advantage was minimal.

I was told by my wife that my previous post was a little harsh so I'll try to fix it (or I'm sleeping with the dogs tonight).

If you or anyone else are going to make a comment about a post of mine I will appreciate that you give me some input back. This:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

So you are suggesting that Dwight is intentionally not giving a full effort to make Carlos look bad? I've heard some hair brained conspiracy theories from Arroyo fans but that's at the top of the list.

doesn't contribute to the discussion. If you differ then say why, or try to help in some way the discussion. This kind of comment doesn't help but detriments the board. Having different opinion than mine or anybody else's is good. That's how we all learn, from listening smart opinions. I hope this helps clear any smoke I left behind.

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Well, you're obviously an objective person....

No kberto, I'm only human... LOL! But thanks for your kind words.

quote:

I was told by my wife that my previous post was a little harsh so I'll try to fix it (or I'm sleeping with the dogs tonight).

If you or anyone else are going to make a comment about a post of mine I will appreciate that you give me some input back. This:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

So you are suggesting that Dwight is intentionally not giving a full effort to make Carlos look bad? I've heard some hair brained conspiracy theories from Arroyo fans but that's at the top of the list.

doesn't contribute to the discussion. If you differ then say why, or try to help in some way the discussion. This kind of comment doesn't help but detriments the board. Having different opinion than mine or anybody else's is good. That's how we all learn, from listening smart opinions. I hope this helps clear any smoke I left behind.

I thought my point was blatantly obvious. You accused Dwight of intentionally not playing good team defense to make Carlos look bad. I can pull up the post and quote it for you if you forgot what you said. The point is so nuts that it doesn't deserve a good discussion. Why would Dwight gain from deliberately sabotaging the team? Is is somehow supposed to somehow make Jameer look better? If what you were saying was true it would be blatantly obvious and Dwight would be the one that looked bad. Not to mention that Dwight is the face of the franchise. If the team loses most of the attention will be directed to Dwight not Carlos. I want to state again what you said so maybe you will hear how ridiculous it sounds: You are accusing Dwight of not playing good defense when Carlos is in the game in an effort to somehow make his friend Jameer look better. Like I said before it doesn't deserve a discussion.

quote:

Thanks Marc for your post, and I don't take it as personal. On the contrary, I like a mature discussion of any theme.

The situation as I recall was Bosh was setting a high pick right above the free throw arc. When Arroyo got the pick, Dwight (who was the one at the time defending Bosh) was not intercepting Calderon until Arroyo got out of the pick from Bosh, allowing him to penetrate several times in a row to the basket. Even the commentators mentioned his "soft defense"; as they called it. This happened several times I and I had no clue why. It's Ok the first time, but 4 times in a row and you (Dwight) still haven't make any adjustments? Now, as soon as Arroyo left the game and Calderon tried the same play against Jameer, Dwight immediately reacted and trapped Calderon giving time to Jameer to recover from the pick and they broke that play. It looked like if it took Jameer to be back in the game for him to react. I don't understand his reaction. It could have being just coincidence but even Dwight's body language when walking to the bench after the time out from B Hill to try to correct this was saying "I don't care". Weather he was pissed at Arroyo for what ever reason or if he was just pissed at that time with what ever, he allowed them to start a run that probably caused us the game since we were still ahead but after their run the advantage was minimal.

As you can see emory I don't make any references to "Dwight trying to protect his friend Jameer" as you pointed. My thoughts and reason for the post is that I hope there is no bad blood between the two of them because we can't afford that at this time of the season. Everyone who's played or being involved with organized basketball knows that this situation is very common and it can get to the point were a player can isolate a teammate not letting him touch the ball by refusing passing the ball to him. This agravates even more if the person with the beef is the point guard since he's the one with the control of the ball most of the time adnthe one who starts the plays so he can call plays that are not desing for the person that he's pissed at. I hope this is clear enough for you now. Next time read again before trying to put words in my mouth, specially if they are comming from your paranoic mentality about Arroyo. Everything is said about Arroyo here doesn't has to do with an "Arroyo fan" or any paranoic conspiracy theory in your head.

You're right I shouldn't put words in your mouth. I was trying to put 2 and 2 together when you said that Dwight's defense toughened up with Jameer in the game.

You are still suggesting that Dwight intentionally played poor defense because he might have a personal problem with Arroyo. That really isn't much better and still doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't it be more likely that Dwight finally got smart to what the Raptors were trying to do?