Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

J.J. Redick wants more than to survive (Schmitz)

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

Maybe someone should start a "Reddick" or "JJ" chant at the next game. At the least, it would let him know he's wanted.

I live in Seattle, sooooooo...it's got to be one of you guys closer to the action.

Even though the Magic want to push Nelson and Lewis as the 2nd franchise players JJ gets three times as many cheers when he comes in.

Too bad Otis and Stan doesn't give a **** about making the fans happy. Even though the arena has gone from one of the loudest to one of the quietest Vander Weide is very happy with the results.

quote:
Originally posted by StufFtheMagicDragon:

I think Redick will be traded if not in the offseason then next season. There's no way:

a) The Magic will let a guy who has been benched for 2 seasons get the playing time to become a star. The Magic are too PR oriented and are afraid if Redick turns into an NBA star (as popular as he already is with the home crowd) people will ask why was Otis and Van Gundy so foolish having him benched for 2 years?

B) There's no way a competitor like Redick would want to stay in the happily-mediocre franchine that will never win anything with the three stooges -Vanderweide Otis and Stan- running it like it was an ice cream stand.

I would have to agree with you 0%. For those of you math-challenged - it means I couldn't disagree with you any more if I tried. There are only two possibilities for J.J. to get traded:

1) You have to include him in a deal to get an established PF - Wilcox, Haslem, (maybe) Villanueva.

2) You have to include him in a deal to get an established SG who makes Evans, Bogans, and JJ all obsolete.

Otherwise Otis does the smart thing, and hangs onto him as (relatively) cheap insurance. At the end of this season the following guards contracts expire:

Arroyo

Dooling

Bogans

Evans

The odds are against the Magic resigning all of them, so now you go from being guard-heavy, to being short-handed. At best, you re-sign three; but probably not more than two (please let them be Dooling & Evans); and then you try to draft and/or sign a PF and another PG. At that point, JJ becomes the obvious beneficiary of the playing time.