Sign in to follow this  
Darthmagic

New Denton Article Re: Redick

heres what i posted in the locked thread:

"Heres the REAL reason JJ doesnt get PT:

cuz hes not ready...hes just not ready for the NBA...i dont know why, but hes not...ive said all along, hes not ready...(IMO, he'll never be ready), but you never know...

you asked for PT, and you got it...and he had 3 open looks and blew them all...

i hope tonight opened your eyes..."

quote:
Originally posted by You're Fat, Pat!:

cuz hes not ready...hes just not ready for the NBA...i dont know why, but hes not...ive said all along, hes not ready...(IMO, he'll never be ready), but you never know...

your basing this on 3 missed shots????

Okay this isn't worth my time.

quote:

so he's not ready because he went 0-3 from the floor, is that your only reason? how about how he played defense, oh wait, we can only point out the negatives.

and youre basing his D on one possesion...he played one defensive possesion on Kobe, and did a good job...whoopy doo...

im sayin, JJ should have made one of those...at least...man i hope we trade him so you guys can come off the high that hes put you on from his college days...

quote:

and youre basing his D on one possesion...he played one defensive possesion on Kobe, and did a good job...whoopy doo...

im sayin, JJ should have made one of those...at least...man i hope we trade him so you guys can come off the high that hes put you on from his college days...

This may not be worth my time but it sure is funny!!

...whoopy doo...???

I'm on cloud nine because of your posts. Thanks for the laughs.

Well, it is hard for players who have played a few years to get PT on a winning team so it is not far-fetched to see that happening to a second year player. If he were playing for Miami and not getting any time then i would understand all the questions from his fans.

I have stated since i began to post here that i did not think he was ready to start, and still believe that. However i did think he would be playing about 10 mins a game by now, and even have said he could be ready to start next season because i expected that he would have been getting into the games steadily. His time will come, but i am not one of those who just want to see him play no matter what. It would be redundant for me to say why so i will just leave it there.

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

Well, here's the thing. The team keeps on putting JJ's hopes up, and the fact that JJ was a big-time college player and never really gotten any of that hope, frustration will obviously come in.

JJ's situation is like being played with by a girl he likes.

So your saying this is nothing a designer drug I mean long stem rose can't cure.

quote:

ummmm, so in 7 minutes he only guarded kobe once, who wasnt his man. so who did he guard the rest of the 6 minutes and 45 seconds? i guess in your eyes if you dont play D against kobe you dont play any at all.

quote:
Originally posted by fan for too long:

Smack have you ever been a professional athlete?

Have you ever been a lottery pick in the NBA?

Have you ever been a College player of the year?

I believe the answer is NO.

How do you know how you would react if you were in JJ's shoes? You just like rattling everybody's cage. Is that professional?

Interesting questions considering I played baseball, not basketball, and was a starter with an NCAA TOP 25 team before I tore my ACL & herniated a disk in my back my freshman year.

This was after I beat out a future World Series MVP winner for All-County and All-Conference honors in Central Florida high school baseball.

This was after I played ball with 12 current MLB players, 4 of which are All-star players.

So to answer your question, no I wasn't a professional athlete thanks to injuries sustained that I couldn't recover from. But that has nothing to do with knowing how to act professionally.

quote:
Originally posted by Luke:

quote:

ummmm, so in 7 minutes he only guarded kobe once, who wasnt his man. so who did he guard the rest of the 6 minutes and 45 seconds? i guess in your eyes if you dont play D against kobe you dont play any at all.

i'm sayin i dont remember him playin any defense that made me go..."wow, hes playin good D" last night...

heck, i had no idea he even played 7 minutes last night...

and btw, if JJ does turn the corner and become a good player, believe me, ill admit that i was wrong...im man enough to do that...but until he does, i still say he was a waste of a draft pick...

Guys just keep it professional and courteous. No need to call each other out. It's good that we have such passionate fans, as we can see from this forum. We all have opinions and on this one about JJ some of us will one day be proven wrong. Also I believe BJ, Fat Pat, and Smack are all the same person. icon_smile.gif j/k