Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Grant is a wanted man! Celts may use "full" mid-level exception on him(Boston Globe)

After reading the article, I would just like to point out that title is a bit misleading. It's a great article about Grant and what he could be worth to someone, but nothing about him or them actually thinking about making a move.

Knock on wood, this will be the first time in seven seasons that Grant has made it to the end without an injury. I can't see another team throwing mid-level money at him and I can't see Grant being lured away by it, unless someeone is stupid enough to offer him a long term deal!

quote:
Originally posted by random:

After reading the article, I would just like to point out that title is a bit misleading. It's a great article about Grant and what he could be worth to someone, but nothing about him or them actually thinking about making a move.

It's the Celtics beat writer(Peter May) suggesting to Danny Ainge and management that Grant is the guy they should target.

He even suggest's that Grant is possibly worth more than that(mid-level) because of the intangibles he brings.

Yeah, I agree Ghost. It hasn't excactly worked out perfect in Orlando. But the season is not over yet either. I'll wait until the season is over to dissect Grant's influence on our young guys.

Random, I used the word "may" in the title. Maybe yes, maybe the Celts won't. You never know. Sometimes management will listen to the beat writer's. Don't you think Brian has been listening to us?(lol) He's starting to make changes that we suggest.

junkie I love to read stuff you post and the articles, so don't take me wrong. I think this is just a writer who noticed Grant is playing well, it's not even a rumor or anything. Of course I don't know what they are thinking, but I think they are only interested as much as any team that is looking for a veteran, nothing more.

Anyway your title made it more interesting for us, so don't worry, I wasn't trying to say its bad, just not the one I would pick, lol.