Sign in to follow this  
Do Work Stan .... BOOYAAKASHAA

Hedo might as well be our point guard

Oh, and one other thing...Jameer and Carlos cannot see the floor as well as some think they can. For example:

-Jameer does jump passes

-Carlos doing "hail mary's" and getting the ball stripped

hedo is an excellent passer but at times when the pg is under pressure on our court, Hedo is not capable of getting rid off the pressure. Thats why shorter PG is always an advantage to carry the ball to the opponent court and then pass the ball to Hedo.

On offense, at the opponent court he can do anything but to take the ball to half court thats totally someting else.

quote:
Parker isn't a bad defender either. He isn't the best but he certainly isn't a liability. I understand your point on good team defense but when two of our 3 point guards consistently let the other team's point guard get into the paint it limits what we can do defensively.

This is exactly why we need to get D12 some help inside! If we were stronger defensively down low it wouldn't matter if opponents PGs came down low... they wouldn't get good shots anyway... D12 can't do it all... let's get him a banger to work with that will swat flies with him!

SA has always had somebody defensively down low in addition to Duncan... that takes a lot of pressure of the guards and lets them play tighter up top!

Welcome to the forum! Now we all know you must not have much basketball iq! The reason Carlos or Nelson pass the ball to Hedo so much is because SVG is taking advantage of Hedo position! He can easily go by his defender on most nights! Its all about exploting his position. On top of that he is also a good passer and sees the floor very well, but if you were to have him play pg then the exact opposite will happen. The opposition guard will drive by him and it will be a joke. He will not be able to defend the position. That is also why he is having such a great year. This is also why is also unrealistic to expect from our guards to average 9 *** per game. Hedo has the ball on the offense a good 20% of the time and he "takes" away a couple of their assist from them. So it has nothing to do with giving the ball to Hedo not to "risk" a TO. One last thing if our players will get their to their offensive schemes a little faster maybe there is no need to wait for them for 15 seconds. Hey watch some basketball...its good for you.

Its good to see someone write with such confidence and yet be so clueless. You speak basketball IQ and it's funny how you bring up Hedo not being able to guard point guards. I think back to the late 80's and I don't recall seeing Magic chasing Isiah around for 48 minutes....oh wait...Magic is one of the greatest point guards in NBA history and probably never matched up with the oposing teams point guard. That being said, your basketball IQ is probably soaring right now. Lets now talk about the fact that you think if Hedo controlled the ball oposing teams would still match up their point guard on him...yea I'm sure Coach Popavich is gonna have Tony Parker guarding Turk because he is now controlling the ball...and on your last point about getting into the offense a little faster, how about the point guards getting the ball to Dwight a little faster when he has his man pinned in the paint for about 8 seconds before he gets called for 3 seconds, or how about they get the ball to Turk a little sooner so that he doesn't have to desperation shots to bail out his guards. Anyway, nice talk...and yea get a freakin clue before you continue to make a fool of yourself.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan....BOOYAAKASHAA:
quote:

Welcome to the forum! Now we all know you must not have much basketball iq! The reason Carlos or Nelson pass the ball to Hedo so much is because SVG is taking advantage of Hedo position! He can easily go by his defender on most nights! Its all about exploting his position. On top of that he is also a good passer and sees the floor very well, but if you were to have him play pg then the exact opposite will happen. The opposition guard will drive by him and it will be a joke. He will not be able to defend the position. That is also why he is having such a great year. This is also why is also unrealistic to expect from our guards to average 9 *** per game. Hedo has the ball on the offense a good 20% of the time and he "takes" away a couple of their assist from them. So it has nothing to do with giving the ball to Hedo not to "risk" a TO. One last thing if our players will get their to their offensive schemes a little faster maybe there is no need to wait for them for 15 seconds. Hey watch some basketball...its good for you.

Its good to see someone write with such confidence and yet be so clueless. You speak basketball IQ and it's funny how you bring up Hedo not being able to guard point guards. I think back to the late 80's and I don't recall seeing Magic chasing Isiah around for 48 minutes....oh wait...Magic is one of the greatest point guards in NBA history and probably never matched up with the oposing teams point guard. That being said, your basketball IQ is probably soaring right now. Lets now talk about the fact that you think if Hedo controlled the ball oposing teams would still match up their point guard on him...yea I'm sure Coach Popavich is gonna have Tony Parker guarding Turk because he is now controlling the ball...and on your last point about getting into the offense a little faster, how about the point guards getting the ball to Dwight a little faster when he has his man pinned in the paint for about 8 seconds before he gets called for 3 seconds, or how about they get the ball to Turk a little sooner so that he doesn't have to desperation shots to bail out his guards. Anyway, nice talk...and yea get a freakin clue before you continue to make a fool of yourself.

....I think you forgot to say "BOOOYAKASHAA"

YEah you are all correct.

What do any of the Magic players know about basketball and coaches in a league called NBA? probably nothing compare to the BBall IQ that you guys have.

quote:
Originally posted by Do Work Stan....BOOYAAKASHAA:

Instead of having Arroyo dribble the ball for 15 seconds and handing it to Turk 35 feet away from the basket, lets just let Hedo play point guard. Arroyo just looks to give Hedo the ball as soon as he crosses the half court line anyway so instead of risking turnovers when Arroyo is trying to get Hedo the ball (Celtics game Arroyo had a turnover in the last seconds and tonight made another terrible play) Just give Hedo the ball on the inbound and play another big man.

This is so ridiculus that it merits no response. You will never see the day where Hedo will take our pg play so that we can insert another big guy. Bringing the example of Magic, argubly one of the best 3 players to ever play the game and compare his unique ability to a guy who is just having the season of his life its another anormality. About Howard not getting the ball fast enough? Yeah Ewing still need to keep working with him to secure his position faster. Granted he is being double team 80% of time but our coach also wants Hedo to touch the ball as much as posible. I am sure glad you are not the coach. Hedo is having a terrific season i agree but lets not get crazy and start thinking that he is the second coming of any of the "greats" that played the game.

why cant hedo be "a great"..just cuz he isnt headlined? This is how players become great by showcasing their talents. Havent u heard of the saying that there is someone out there better than jordan, but just didnt get their break. im not comparing turk to the all time greats but he is only 28, if he plays like this for 3 or 4 more seasons u better start considering him as a top nba player.

Posted by serviviente:

This is so ridiculus that it merits no response. You will never see the day where Hedo will take our pg play so that we can insert another big guy. Bringing the example of Magic, argubly one of the best 3 players to ever play the game and compare his unique ability to a guy who is just having the season of his life its another anormality. About Howard not getting the ball fast enough? Yeah Ewing still need to keep working with him to secure his position faster. Granted he is being double team 80% of time but our coach also wants Hedo to touch the ball as much as posible. I am sure glad you are not the coach. Hedo is having a terrific season i agree but lets not get crazy and start thinking that he is the second coming of any of the "greats" that played the game.

Alright Dude, first of all this isn't a comparison between Hedo and Magic Johnson, it was just an example of how you can utilize a big man shoot, dribble, and pass like Hedo. Second, this post was originally supposed to be about Hedo taking more of the responsibilities of the point guard late in the games and most people took it as that untill you started blabbing about Hedo not being able to dribble down court and him not being to blow by point guards and all this other nonsense. Anyway, just get a clue before you go talkin trash cause you make yourself look like a clown.

Oh yea and I missed the game where teams are starting to double team Dwight while he is fighting for position before he even gets the ball. I would like to see the Mavs Dampier and Dirk both down low tonight shoving Dwight trying to wrestle him out of the paint before the ball crosses half court.