Sign in to follow this  
jack daniel 999

Magic upset over no call

And a few other things..

Not that they expected anything to change now, but the Magic made sure the NBA office was aware of their frustration about the lack of a foul call near the end of regulation in the double-overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Wednesday. They were upset that Paul Pierce of the Celtics was not called for a dead-ball foul on Hedo Turkoglu with 23 seconds remaining. The Magic contacted the league office and sent a tape of the play. Turkoglu fell into the seats as he was receiving an inbounds pass from Grant Hill, losing possession. The Celtics then tied the score and won it in double overtime. "There's nothing you can do about it now, but it should have been a dead-ball foul, giving us two shots and the ball," Magic Coach Brian Hill said Friday morning. "It was a big play that could well determine playoffs or no playoffs."

Nelson, Hill talk it out

PG Jameer Nelson made some questionable decisions with the ball late in the game against the Celtics, but both he and Hill said that was not why they had a lengthy meeting the next day. "I meet with him a lot. He's the teacher. I'm the student," Nelson said Friday before the Indiana game. "We just talk about things, what he wants, what I want. The point guard has to know what the coach wants. I'm the quarterback."

Bogans inactive for game

Veteran G Keith Bogans was placed on the inactive list before the game -- the first time this season when he wasn't injured --so the Magic would have Bo Outlaw and Pat Garrity available. Bogans, who started 18 games this season when Grant Hill was out, hasn't played since March 12 against Charlotte when he made 1 of 5 shots in 12 minutes.

Rookie doughnut duty

Magic rookie James Augustine still doesn't get to play much -- he has been in only two games this season -- but he still serves a nice purpose on game days. Augustine and fellow rookie Redick take turns coming to morning practices with two boxes of doughnuts for the veterans to share. Augustine stops at the same Krispy Kreme store near his home every time. "I don't mind. They kind of know me there now," he said. "And it's nice because on the way in, I usually have a couple myself."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

And a few other things..

Not that they expected anything to change now, but the Magic made sure the NBA office was aware of their frustration about the lack of a foul call near the end of regulation in the double-overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Wednesday. They were upset that Paul Pierce of the Celtics was not called for a dead-ball foul on Hedo Turkoglu with 23 seconds remaining. The Magic contacted the league office and sent a tape of the play. Turkoglu fell into the seats as he was receiving an inbounds pass from Grant Hill, losing possession. The Celtics then tied the score and won it in double overtime. "There's nothing you can do about it now, but it should have been a dead-ball foul, giving us two shots and the ball," Magic Coach Brian Hill said Friday morning. "It was a big play that could well determine playoffs or no playoffs."

Nelson, Hill talk it out

PG Jameer Nelson made some questionable decisions with the ball late in the game against the Celtics, but both he and Hill said that was not why they had a lengthy meeting the next day. "I meet with him a lot. He's the teacher. I'm the student," Nelson said Friday before the Indiana game. "We just talk about things, what he wants, what I want. The point guard has to know what the coach wants. I'm the quarterback."

Bogans inactive for game

Veteran G Keith Bogans was placed on the inactive list before the game -- the first time this season when he wasn't injured --so the Magic would have Bo Outlaw and Pat Garrity available. Bogans, who started 18 games this season when Grant Hill was out, hasn't played since March 12 against Charlotte when he made 1 of 5 shots in 12 minutes.

Rookie doughnut duty

Magic rookie James Augustine still doesn't get to play much -- he has been in only two games this season -- but he still serves a nice purpose on game days. Augustine and fellow rookie Redick take turns coming to morning practices with two boxes of doughnuts for the veterans to share. Augustine stops at the same Krispy Kreme store near his home every time. "I don't mind. They kind of know me there now," he said. "And it's nice because on the way in, I usually have a couple myself."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/...story?coll=orl-magic

quote:
gic rookie James Augustine still doesn't get to play much -- he has been in only two games this season -- but he still serves a nice purpose on game days. Augustine and fellow rookie Redick take turns coming to morning practices with two boxes of doughnuts for the veterans to share. Augustine stops at the same Krispy Kreme store near his home every time. "I don't mind. They kind of know me there now," he said. "And it's nice because on the way in, I usually have a couple myself

Lmao, the vets get them to get them donut, lmao....

Well at least he is serving a purpose, because despite ther fact that we have a shortage of bigmen, the Illios school career rebounding leader is apparently not good enough for this team.

I always feel so badly for players like James who do not get even a chance. He played at a major university in a major college and was very successful. One would think that just a little of that would translate over to the Magic.

Maybe that is why other players have decided to stay in Europe rather than come here.