Sign in to follow this  
the notorious S.A.C.

Thomas Robinson getting dumped by Houston. Any interest?

I'm not sure I want to trade anything other than a TPE to get him. If we got him for "nothing," I'd be for giving him a shot.

I'm pretty sure Houston will try to find something better than just a TPE.. then again, it could be that no one offers more. I guess we'll see.

I'm not sure I want to trade anything other than a TPE to get him. If we got him for "nothing," I'd be for giving him a shot.

I'm pretty sure Houston will try to find something better than just a TPE.. then again, it could be that no one offers more. I guess we'll see.

They will not want any salaries or picks for this year, because they are looking to trade for cap space.

I would be very surprised if TRob doesn't end up a Bobcat. They strongly considered picking him at #2 last season, they're under the cap and he's now available for essentially pennies on the dollar.

I'd certainly like to see Robinson on the Magic in the sense that he is low-risk, high-reward.

Positives: Elite athlete: strong, fast and tough, good, potentially great rebounder- 10.7 rebounds per 36 minutes in his first season in the NBA, solid defensive potential despite being slightly undersized

Negatives: Limited shooting range, poor shooting percentage for a big man (43% fg), gets his shot blocked at the rim way too much, has a long way to go offensively. Potential malcontent if the minutes aren't there

They will not want any salaries or picks for this year, because they are looking to trade for cap space.

I meant more like a future draft pick, but point taken.

I would be very surprised if TRob doesn't end up a Bobcat. They strongly considered picking him at #2 last season, they're under the cap and he's now available for essentially pennies on the dollar.

I'd certainly like to see Robinson on the Magic in the sense that he is low-risk, high-reward.

Positives: Elite athlete: strong, fast and tough, good, potentially great rebounder- 10.7 rebounds per 36 minutes in his first season in the NBA, solid defensive potential despite being slightly undersized

Negatives: Limited shooting range, poor shooting percentage for a big man (43% fg), gets his shot blocked at the rim way too much, has a long way to go offensively. Potential malcontent if the minutes aren't there

Pretty much this.

Chris Bosh to Bobcats could change that of course. I don't think Orlando will pursue him as he's such an awful free throw shooter.

He has so much upside, why wouldn't we even try to take it? Guy is solid right now and is a good rebounder (something I think our PF position is in dire need of). Offensively he will take some work, but he fits in with our "take as many young guys as possible and develop them" scheme. Besides, if he doesn't turn out amazing...he could still be a decent piece in a trade or coming off of the bench as a back up for our main guys.