Sign in to follow this  
allstarme

Another Trade Thread (Chicago)

Joe Smith is getting solid minutes with the Bulls and playing effectively. They have NOah & Thomas getting appx 10-12 mpg the last few weeks. It seems like they have one too many PF's considering they also go small and move Nocioni over.

The Bulls would make a great trade partner, especially considering we could give them JJ, and then they wouldn't need to worry about signing Gordon (possiby using him in a deal of their own - maybe Gordon for a 1st).

It's a good thing for us that Chicago is playing so poorly. We may be able to benefit as a result.

Thomas' minutes in his last 5 games: 10, 12, 7, 2, 7. He's not exactly in the good graces of the Bulls' new coach.

He should be a trade target. I think Dooling makes the most sense because he's a tall guard that can play both positions AND his contract is expiring. Those are both things that the Bulls should be looking for right now.

As for value, I think it's heavily weighted in our favor. The Fran throw in was an attempt to even it out. Maybe that wasn't the direction to go...

You must look at how salaries match though. Thomas and Dooling have very similar salaries. So a throw in would not work unless very, very cheap.

You guys do realize the Bulls are already going to be 20 million under the cap next year as things stand right now. But that's with only 7 players under contract. So it really depends on who they value whether or not they need additional expiring contracts.

Heck, they've been starting Joe Smith & Thabo recently, so I don't know who they he11 they value.

quote:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

If we was to get Tyrus Thomas do we start him?

i think we have to start a PF that can contain with other PF's. if this trade did happen i would and then let lewis take control at SF. turk would be a good contribution off the bench.

quote:
Originally posted by nnporter:
Originally posted by SauceMoney:

If we was to get Tyrus Thomas do we start him?

i think we have to start a PF that can contain with other PF's. if this trade did happen i would and then let lewis take control at SF. turk would be a good contribution off the bench.[/quote

Oh Ok cause i was about to say Tyrus Thomas and Trevor Ariza is like the same dude. Honestly. They both like 6'8 215 lbs full of energy and defense.

I badly want Hinrich. His value right now is very low and it would be a perfect time to scoop him up. His contract is interesting in that I believe it descends as time progresses. He is a tall, good pg. To me, he is much better all around than Nelson. Unfortunately, we probably can't move Nelson right now b/c of his PPP. Perhaps we could move him this summer?

Anyway, I would love to get Hinrich and Thomas. That would give us more great, young talent for the future.