Sign in to follow this  
magicmikej

Gripe, Gripe, Gripe

quote:
Originally posted by magicmikej:

We are in First Place. We are 23-15. We have played 23 0f these games on the road where last year we won 15 games all year. YES, A GOOD RECORD.

How many of you experts would have predicted that that would be our record after 38 games. Tell the truth. Who among us would have gladly accepted that record at the beginning of the season. Yet I read on the board nothing but garbage that belongs on the Heat board at 8-28.

NOT TRUE, YOU READ A MIX OF HOMER POSTS, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, ANNOYING RANTS, AND WHINING ABOUT TOO MUCH NEGATIVISM.

Go ahead tell me how we started 16-4 and are playing at much lower level recently. I'll agree to that. But this team is not perfect but they are what we got. We have to support them. COME ON...ONE JD IS ENOUGH.

I've been a season ticketholder since the start. I've missed maybe 15 games in the 19 years. I've seen good and bad. I've been critical of players and coaches and GM's.But reading some of these posts makes me sick. STOP, THAT IS WHAT I WOULD EXPECT FROM A WHINER THAT POSTS IN LA LA LAND.

I am dissapointed in the play of Rashard. He is not worth !!* million. We did overpay. But that is the NBA. Say we paid him 80 million - we would still have cap problems. I bet all of you would have complained if we signed no one this off season. SIGNING NO ONE THIS SUMMER? PLEASE!!!

Darko is gone. Good ridance. I wanted him to play more last year. I've watched many Memphis games this year. He is a tease. He's gone. I PERSONALLY FEEL DIFFERENT BUT NOT WANTING TO TAKE ISSUE WITH YOU.

Augie and JJ. All I read is they should play more. Last year it was Travis. All have limits to their game. Why do you think Augie and Travis were 2nd round picks. JJ just plays the wrong position in the NBA SG. Grant Hill left and one of his reasons was he didn't want to play SG because of the athleticism of the players at that position.

I was sorry to see Trevor leave. I am convinced that it was a move made because of the makeup of our team. Trevor will probably never shoot the ball well from the outside. He was a great defensive player because of his speed and we do miss that but Mo Evans will help this team. So don't give up on him or once we get Cook in shape from helping us win. Trevor can opt out of his contract at he end of the year and for those of you who criticize Otis for getting nothing in return for GHill or Darko. This should ease your mind especially when some of you are delusioned in thinking that GH would have gotten us Ray Allen or Vince Carter. I CHECKED OUT YOUR PREVIOUS POSTS AND HAVE DETERMINED THAT YOU ARE A REASONABLE GUY.. SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR COMMENT ABOUT GHILL. ANY GOOD FAN WOULD HAVE WANTED GOOD PLAYERS IN EXCHANGE FOR GHILL.

Fire Stan Van Gundy. We can all second guess the moves of the coach.I've done it, just ask my family. But do you realize that we are in first place with more then 1/3 of the season gone. Other fans in other cities would be estatic with that record. Now I know you naysayers will say we started 16-4. THERE ARE A FEW THAT HAVE GIVEN UP ON SVG. NOT MANY.

I would have played Mo Evans more in the 4th last night especially when Keith turned the ball over near the end of the game. It is so easy to second guess after the fact. It is Stans job to make the lineups and he is doing a fantastic job. He is'nt satisfied and is searching for the right combos. B Hill never changed his coaching philosopy from when Shaq was here.

Now go ahead pick me apart but when you do tell me what your crystal ball said, what our record would be after 38 games. Sure we need A PF a banger or a PG Or a SG . We are not the PERFECT TEAM. Give us time for the Future is Bright. Great NBA teams are together for many years before they win BIG. This is year ONE. We will be able to fill in the sub cast needed to WIN.

THIS IS NOT YEAR ONE. OTIS HAS BEEN WORKING ON THIS TEAM SINCE THE DRAFTING OF DWIGHT HOWARD.

quote:

We are in First Place. We are 23-15. We have played 23 0f these games on the road where last year we won 15 games all year.

How many of you experts would have predicted that that would be our record after 38 games. Tell the truth. Who among us would have gladly accepted that record at the beginning of the season. Yet I read on the board nothing but garbage that belongs on the Heat board at 8-28.

Go ahead tell me how we started 16-4 and are playing at much lower level recently. I'll agree to that. But this team is not perfect but they are what we got. We have to support them.

I've been a season ticketholder since the start. I've missed maybe 15 games in the 19 years. I've seen good and bad. I've been critical of players and coaches and GM's.But reading some of these posts makes me sick.

I am dissapointed in the play of Rashard. He is not worth !!* million. We did overpay. But that is the NBA. Say we paid him 80 million - we would still have cap problems. I bet all of you would have complained if we signed no one this off season.

Darko is gone. Good ridance. I wanted him to play more last year. I've watched many Memphis games this year. He is a tease. He's gone.

Augie and JJ. All I read is they should play more. Last year it was Travis. All have limits to their game. Why do you think Augie and Travis were 2nd round picks. JJ just plays the wrong position in the NBA SG. Grant Hill left and one of his reasons was he didn't want to play SG because of the athleticism of the players at that position.

I was sorry to see Trevor leave. I am convinced that it was a move made because of the makeup of our team. Trevor will probably never shoot the ball well from the outside. He was a great defensive player because of his speed and we do miss that but Mo Evans will help this team. So don't give up on him or once we get Cook in shape from helping us win. Trevor can opt out of his contract at he end of the year and for those of you who criticize Otis for getting nothing in return for GHill or Darko. This should ease your mind especially when some of you are delusioned in thinking that GH would have gotten us Ray Allen or Vince Carter.

Fire Stan Van Gundy. We can all second guess the moves of the coach.I've done it, just ask my family. But do you realize that we are in first place with more then 1/3 of the season gone. Other fans in other cities would be estatic with that record. Now I know you naysayers will say we started 16-4.

I would have played Mo Evans more in the 4th last night especially when Keith turned the ball over near the end of the game. It is so easy to second guess after the fact. It is Stans job to make the lineups and he is doing a fantastic job. He is'nt satisfied and is searching for the right combos. B Hill never changed his coaching philosopy from when Shaq was here.

Now go ahead pick me apart but when you do tell me what your crystal ball said, what our record would be after 38 games. Sure we need A PF a banger or a PG Or a SG . We are not the PERFECT TEAM. Give us time for the Future is Bright. Great NBA teams are together for many years before they win BIG. This is year ONE. We will be able to fill in the sub cast needed to WIN.

You might want to check our record since the Evans/Cook trade. I don't know what it is going to take before you and others realize that we already in a mode of concern. We have lost the last 6 out of 7 games. Our best record on the road won't be real soon. If we don't make some changes pretty soon, then we will be at 500 ball before you know it. I will also predict that if we keep playing small, and don't commit to playing (or trading for) some bigs, we won't win consistently and are in danger of not making the playoffs. I'll check back with you two months from now.

I am surprised that some of you who are disagreeing with Mike are actually agreeing with some of what he wrote. Did you know that? Did you all read his whole thread? Especially the last paragraph? He acknowledges we need more help but overall remains hopeful and supportive.

And, yes, this is year one with a new max FA signed by Otis. (For so long we were drowning under the weight of Grant's injury-laden tenure). Obviously, we need pieces but our core is good. Let's see how she sails.

If I thought we were building towards the future, I'd be happy with where we are. But I don't see it. We have little flexibility for the future given our current set of contracts. In fact, it's going to be very difficult to avoid the luxury tax in upcoming years without DOWNGRADING our bench (yes, I said downgrading). Otis paid big money for Rashard because he felt he was the "missing piece" that would make us competitive for a championship. Otis was wrong.

quote:

We are in First Place. We are 23-15. We have played 23 0f these games on the road where last year we won 15 games all year.

Go ahead tell me how we started 16-4 and are playing at much lower level recently. I'll agree to that. But this team is not perfect but they are what we got. We have to support them.

I've been a season ticketholder since the start. I've missed maybe 15 games in the 19 years. I've seen good and bad. I've been critical of players and coaches and GM's.But reading some of these posts makes me sick.

I am dissapointed in the play of Rashard. He is not worth !!* million. We did overpay. But that is the NBA. Say we paid him 80 million - we would still have cap problems. I bet all of you would have complained if we signed no one this off season.

Darko is gone. Good ridance. I wanted him to play more last year. I've watched many Memphis games this year. He is a tease. He's gone.

I was sorry to see Trevor leave. I am convinced that it was a move made because of the makeup of our team. Trevor will probably never shoot the ball well from the outside. He was a great defensive player because of his speed and we do miss that but Mo Evans will help this team. So don't give up on him or once we get Cook in shape from helping us win. Trevor can opt out of his contract at he end of the year and for those of you who criticize Otis for getting nothing in return for GHill or Darko. This should ease your mind especially when some of you are delusioned in thinking that GH would have gotten us Ray Allen or Vince Carter.

Fire Stan Van Gundy. We can all second guess the moves of the coach.I've done it, just ask my family. But do you realize that we are in first place with more then 1/3 of the season gone. Other fans in other cities would be estatic with that record. Now I know you naysayers will say we started 16-4.

Kool aid drinker!!!!!!!! you must be on the Magic's payroll, lol

quote:
Originally posted by JJZ:

If I thought we were building towards the future, I'd be happy with where we are. But I don't see it. We have little flexibility for the future given our current set of contracts. In fact, it's going to be very difficult to avoid the luxury tax in upcoming years without DOWNGRADING our bench (yes, I said downgrading). Otis paid big money for Rashard because he felt he was the "missing piece" that would make us competitive for a championship. Otis was wrong.

Are you kidding? After only 1/3 of the season with a new key player, a new coach, and still holding a 23-15 record, you already know Otis is wrong and that we can't compete over the next few years? Please.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

you already know Otis is wrong.....?

Soul Bro, do you think Rashard and Jameer will ever be good defensive players?

Good enough. Plus, they weren't signed for their defense. I would like Hedo to come off the bench like Manu. I think Rashard could be great at the 3 in the EC. We have one major glaring weakness, imo: a banger pf. Hopefully, we can get a serviceable one with our expirings and a pick.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

you already know Otis is wrong.....?

Soul Bro, do you think Rashard and Jameer will ever be good defensive players?

Good enough. Plus, they weren't signed for their defense. I would like Hedo to come off the bench like Manu. I think Rashard could be great at the 3 in the EC. We have one major glaring weakness, imo: a banger pf. Hopefully, we can get a serviceable one with our expirings and a pick.

I agree since nobody wants to give up Hedo Turkoglu aka JORDAN to get us a real PF that can play both ends well.

quote:

Are you kidding? After only 1/3 of the season with a new key player, a new coach, and still holding a 23-15 record, you already know Otis is wrong and that we can't compete over the next few years? Please.

23-16. 7-12 since the big start. I don't think we can compete for a championship now, with this roster, no. If you do, I respectfully disagree. Even when we were 16-4 we didn't beat the elite teams, and now we're struggling against everyone.

Salary cap considerations will make it very difficult to "build for the future" and upgrade in key areas, because of the contracts we've taken on. That was my main point.